News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble configuring e911 service

Started by LetsTalk, April 01, 2015, 04:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LetsTalk

So I used to have Google Voice set up on my Obi 110 (the reason I bought the device). I signed up for Anveo's basic 911 service.  I was thrilled by the Obi/GV setup.  Worked great.

(YOU CAN SKIP THE NEXT TWO PARAGRAPHS: I'M VENTING) Then about a year ago I foolishly heeded the call to switch as GV was supposedly about to stop working, and I didn't want to lose my home phone service. I switched to Vestalink, which took over a day to accomplish (I'm good at following clear instructions when it comes to tech, but otherwise clueless as a techy).  My home phone has been nothing but trouble ever since (missed calls, dropped calls, execrable voice quality, calls that never ring but go straight to voice mail - about 35-40% never ring at all, I'm guessing). I'd paid Vestalink for a year in advance but I couldn't face the research & do over, so just sucked it up/procrastinated (never got *any* help from Vestalink support, gave up trying).

Anyway, today is the day I said "enough" and decided to switch back to Google Voice. There were hiccups, but GV is now working for incoming & outgoing calls.  I'll have to see if it works better than Vestalink (the way it used to).  In the meantime, I can't at all figure out how to get e911 service reconfigured.  The Anveo e911 ran out in Dec. 2014, but I let it lapse because I had 911 with Vestalink.

When I logged into Obitalk to switch back to GV, there was initially an option to configure SP2 with Anveo for 911 - but after I did the required firmware upgrade, and deleted my old account, that option disappeared from the dashboard.

Obitalk says "When configuring your OBi on the OBiTALK portal, you will see an option to purchase E911 service from Anveo for $12 per year. On successful sign-up, the OBiTALK management portal will automatically update your OBi with Anveo E911 service." Can anyone tell me how do I get that to happen?

SteveInWA

Log into your OBiTALK portal page.  Click your device to get to the page where you can add, edit or delete the service providers on your device.  Click the "Anveo E911 setup" blue button.  It's right there, on the portal page for configuring your device, as shown on this page:

http://blog.obihai.com/2014/08/easy-emergency-911-calling-service-with.html

LetsTalk

Well, if only.  It used to be on that page.  As I mentioned, after doing the firmware upgrade and factory reset, that blue "Anveo 911 signup" button, rather like the blue Norwegian parrot, is no more.  

I've clicked on every possible side bar & link in Obitalk just trying to relocate it, but no love.  I finally signed up directly at Anveo, adding $20 to my empty account, and configuring the 911 address info there.  

Back to Obitalk to try to configure SP2.  Those blue "i" icons at the right aren't clickable! (tried on Windows desktop and on macbook, just in case)... so:

Any idea where I find my "Anveo SIP username" and "SIP password?" (screenshot attached)

(Also attached is a screenshot of the Device Configuration Page to show you that the Anveo 911 button truly is no more, it has ceased to be, it is an ex-button ...)

Thanks so much for your help, Steve.  Hopefully I'm almost there...

LetsTalk

P.S. Here's the SP2 config request for SIP info

LetsTalk

Ai! Success at last!

I deleted my attempted sp2 config from the Obitalk dashboard, and the elusive blue Anveo 911 button reappeared! 

But then it made me sign up from the git go, and promptly rejected the attempt because "that email is in already use" (or some similar message - didn't recognize I had a a live account now, since I reactivated my Anveo account from Anveo's website yesterday).

I *think* I then deleted sp2 again, anyway I did end up following some Obitalk link from my dashboard config page ("approved service providers", then I chose anveo?) to reach the screen shot below, where there was a button to reactivate my Anveo account...I chose SP2 for 911, then said yes to "Are you SURE you want to reconfigure?" -- anyway, a minute later I dialed 933 and my 911 service is working! 

I Hope this helps someone who gets lost in the same rabbit hole.

SteveInWA

I'm not an Anveo customer.  I am guessing that you were/are using the OBiTALK managed service provider method of setting up Anveo on your OBi, and in that case, E911 setup would be taken care of in that process, vs. by clicking the button.

Great_Oldies_DJ

Hi,

I know this is a pretty old thread but I have run into the same problem and want to alert you to something that happened to me. I was trying to set up Anveo E911 service and got to the point that you describe where they ask if you want to create a new account or reactivate an old account. I did reactivate and it promptly configured SP3 (where I was trying to install E911) to Anveo Basic. 911 service worked fine but it was through the $39 a year Anveo Basic service rather than the $15 E911 service.  I am still trying to reconfigure the Anveo E911 service.