News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200+ObiLINE: Track call waiting caller id info

Started by taa1, April 08, 2015, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taa1

Hello,

I've configured my Obi to use PSTN for primary in/out calls and then monitor the Obi200 syslog data port for call activity. This is working perfectly... except for call waiting. I do have caller ID and call waiting caller ID services through my landline provider.

When I'm talking on the primary call and another call comes in, I hear the call waiting beep and caller ID data burst as expected. But the Obi's syslog reports a single packet of data that says:

<7> [LI0] ---- S/W TONE ON (level: default) : , @ 2222988 ----

and that's all; I'm expecting to see caller ID info for this second call like I already received for the primary call.

Furthermore, if the first call waiting times out (I don't answer it) and say 30 seconds pass, the next call waiting comes in with the beep and data burst, but then syslog doesn't show anything at all.

So how do I get the Obi's syslog port to provide caller ID info for call waiting, not just for the first call waiting attempt but all subsequent ones as well?