News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

bridging oBi Wit Sip

Started by JesusR, April 17, 2015, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusR

Hello,
I just got the oBi 100 about a week ago and set it up with GV. What I'm trying to do is get some kind of softphone for my PC working with GV, either though GV itself, or through the oBi. I want the phone connected to the oBi to ring, and the softphone on my PC to ring as well. I'd also like to make calls through GV using softphone. I can't really use hangouts on my computer, as the website is hard to use with my screen reader. I was looking at the oBi App for PC, but I don't this is an option any longer.'[Ideas please?
Thanks.

azrobert

This setup assumes GV is defined on SP1 and a SIP provider is defined on SP2.
Use OBi Expert to make the config changes on the OBi100

If SP2 is undefined, create a dummy definition like this:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

OBi100
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{OBi100>(Msp1):sp1,{ph}

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp2(anything@192.168.1.100:5060)
Change 192.168.1.100 to the IP address of the computer running Phonerlite.
5060 is the Port number for Phonerlite

Download and install Phonerlite:
http://www.phoner.de/PhonerLiteSetup.exe
When you start Phonerlite I think a wizard will popup because no accounts are defined.
Proxy: 192.168.1.110:5061    (IP addr & Port of SP2 on the OBi100)
Click right arrow.
User Name: OBi100
Click right arrow.
Change Profile Name: OBi100
Click check mark
Uncheck box next to Register
Save

Dial a number and click the green phone symbol.
You can use the keyboard to dial a number.
Click red phone symbol to hang up.

Edit:
I copied and modified the above from a previous post.
I had some typos and fixed them.

JesusR

thanks.
I can see something like this working. However, looking at the IP addresses, I would think this setup only works while on this same network. Unless I also make changes to my network box to forward said port number to the oBi, I don't think this setup is for me. Its a little over my head.
Is there something easier? I already tried to look up something like this and have two Callcentric accounts. What I've been doing is to call the oBi from one account to the other. This means I get the oBi  atendent, the sip account is in the trusted callers. Just wanted something slicker, something to let me ring a softphone as well as the phone attached to the oBi. Phoner on the PC, and Bria on an iOS device maybe?
Thanks again for the info!

azrobert

You are correct about being on the same LAN. This setup will work from a remote location. Like you said, use the public IP address and then do port forwarding in your router.

You said:
QuoteI already tried to look up something like this and have two Callcentric accounts. What I've been doing is to call the oBi from one account to the other.

I'm curious. What type of device are you using to call the 1st Callcentric account?

Add 2 extensions to the calling Callcentric account for Phonerlite and Bria.
Register Phonerlite and Bria to Callcentric.
Now call the 1st Callcentric account from your computer/Phonerlite and IOS/Bria to get the Auto Attendant.

The OBion app is another option for the IOS device.

If you want to receive calls, you need a similar line of code as the SP1 X_InboundCallRoute in my 1st suggestion.