News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does OBI110 support CallerID Routing?

Started by RizSher, April 29, 2015, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RizSher

I'm a long time user of SPA3k and 3102 ATAs. One of the features I used was the ability to route calls to the POTS line based on CallerID. So, I had mine and the wife's cellphone numbers setup in the SPA, such that when I called my home POTS line, it automatically bridged these calls to my VOIP line, giving the ability to make VoIP calls while away from home. Just got a 110 recently, haven't gotten round to configuting it yet, but came across the following statement on one of the websites:

".....and no way of routing calls based on Caller ID Name or customizing Caller ID Name...."

Is this true, do I lose the ability to route calls based on CallerID with a ObiHai?.

Thanks.
Riz

OzarkEdge

You may not be able to route inbound by CallerID name, but I believe you can do so by CallerID number.  See page 193 in the admin guide http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf.

OE

LTN1

Besides what OzarkEdge pointed to, if you are using a Google Voice number, call routing can also be done at the GV configuration for contacts and under Settings/Groups & Circles--assuming you have included your POTS number as one of the forwarding number.

ianobi

This can be done easily by giving the calling numbers' CallerIDs access to the OBi110's Auto Attendant.