News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Re: Call Waiting Issue [Solved]

Started by GregoryZ, May 25, 2015, 12:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregoryZ

Hello All,

It's been a long while since I've posted a question here. 8)

But, I've noticed an issue with my OBi200.

I have the first three lines setup with GV accounts, the forth is CC.

Using the Phone attached to the Line Port of the OBi200;
When I call from any of the GV accounts (SP1-SP3) to the CC number, I get a Call Waiting tone as the call comes back to the OBi via CC. (SP4)

However, if I call any of my GV numbers from any of the four SPs lines, there is no Call Waiting tone, and the Call History shows: PH1;(Failed: Busy)

Simply stated, I'm not getting any Call Waiting Indication for any Google Voice calls.

No way to test, if the issue is the same, when I'm on the phone and an outside call comes in.

Latest firmware etc.
Ring Profile is the same on all lines.
X_CallWaitingIndication = "Alert-Info" on all
MaxSessions = "4" on all

Looking forward to all suggestions.

-G

OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

dircom

There is no way to test??

Have a friend come over who has a cell phone, and test

GregoryZ

dircom,

8)  I thought of that, of course.  However, Cell reception is hit and miss out here in my area.

Thus the reason I am so reliant on my VOIP.  :)

What I should have stated, was I'm looking for Set-up verification before I trouble someone to assist by making calls to me.

Any ideas on that?

azrobert

I know you need to be on an active call for Call Waiting to work. If you just take the phone off hook, you will not receive the Call Waiting tone. I just tried an experiment. I called a number from my OBi200 via GV and I did not answer the call. While I was receiving the Ringback tone, I called the OBi200 via an extension on Raspbx. The call failed with "Busy Here". This is the closest I can get to your test because I only have one GV account defined on my OBi200. Call Waiting works when GV is on an active call.  I know you get the Call Waiting tone with Callcentric, but maybe the call is considered active before connection with Callcentric, but not with GV. 

GregoryZ

Ok.

I think I follow you on that.   :-\

So what I gather is, that there seems to be nothing wrong with anyone's ability to get the Call Waiting Tone on a GV account.  And, that I appear to have things set-up correctly. 

I'll settle with that, until I run across an occurrence that demonstrates otherwise.

As the CC account is my Business line, so long as I'm getting the tone on it, I pretty much can "Wait & See" if it continues to behave like it appears to be doing in my attempts to test it.

Thanks.

GregoryZ

With Generous help from; dircom....

We did some testing.

All is working with no modifications to my setup.

Still not sure why things work the way they do, but at least I know that others can call me, and everything works.

THANK YOU, dircom!!  I owe you.

-G