News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Back via Auto Attendant on the OBi Device

Started by ShermanObi, January 26, 2011, 09:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShermanObi

There are two ways to do a "Call Back" via Auto Attendant (AA) with your OBi.

Method 1: Use InboundCallRoute

Method 1 will require you to adjust OBi settings manually.  Therefore, your OBi should not be in Auto-Provision mode for OBiTALK management.  Note:  We will support Call Back set-up and configuration via the OBiTALK portal in the near future.

An InboundCallRoute Rule can be specified to let the AA call back the caller's or any other number, if the caller hangs up before AA answers.  For this to work Caller ID service is required on the inbound trunk.

For example, consider the rule {(<**1>(14089913313|12121559801)):aa($1)}

It says if 14089913313 or 12121559801 calls, the call is routed to AA.

If caller hangs up before the AA answers, the AA calls the number represented by $1

Recall that $1 is expanded into the caller's number after processing by the digit map on the left side of the colon. In this case it is the caller's number prepended by **1.

The **1 is required for outbound call routing when AA calls back.  Here, it indicates SP1 is to be used for calling back (based on the OBi's default setting).

New parameter in AA Service settings called CallbackAnswerDelay

CallbackAnswerDelay controls the number of milliseconds before the AA answers when a callback number is specified in the rule. The default value is 10000 ms (10 seconds).  This means that when the OBi is configured to Call Back a particular caller (cased on their incoming Caller ID), the caller should hang-up before the ten second answer delay timer expires if they want an automatic Call Back from the OBi.  If the caller does not want a Call Back, e.g. they want to ring the phone connected to the OBi, then they will let the OBi ring for 10 seconds, at which time the normal Inbound Call Routing Rule takes effect.

Without the ($1) argument after aa in the last example, AA behaves the normal way and the answer delay follows the parameter in the AA Service settings called AnswerDelay.

Method 2: Use (NEW) AA Main Menu Option 3: "Enter a callback number"
With this method, the Caller explicitly enters the number to be called back by the AA.  If a valid number is entered, the AA says Thank You and Goodbye, then starts calling back 2s after the current call has ended.  If number entered is invalid, the AA plays a SIT tone followed by an error message.

Tip: If the service used to connect to the OBi Attendant supports caller ID, when prompted for the call back number, just enter 00# and hang-up.  The OBi Attendant will call back whatever was indicated as the Caller ID number when you initially called the OBi.

n-bee-r

I do see a "X_InboundCallRoute" under Voice Services -> SP1 Service, but I don't see any parameter "InboundCallRoute".

Currently it is set to "ph", if I modify as per your suggestions I should be able to get a callback from Obi, can you please confirm.

QBZappy

Hi

This is my Call back setup. Works great.

{(<**2>(15142321234|5143161234|5145771234|x.5148811234)):aa($1)},{(102|112|703):aa},{ph}

Explanation:
1) <**2> forces outgoing calls to go over my GV account in my SP2. I figured I would set it this way because I setup Trunk Group1 as my primary line . Trunk Group1 looks for first available line. I wanted to control the calls going out only on the GV channel on SP2.

2) I have a voip account. When I call through that account my CID has 15142321234 in front. The rest of the numbers should be how the phone picks up the CID. This is the section of the setup which offers the Call back service.

3) second part after the comma I have extensions from a PBX going to the AA. You could just as easily put a phone number in there.

Any other number will ring the attached phone in normal fashion. The controls based on CID is great. I have unlimited incoming on my cell. I can use the OBi to make calls on my cell  without using any of my outgoing minutes. You don't let the OBi answer the call. Immediately after the first ring, you hang up. Your OBi will call back the number identified on the CID if it matches any of the numbers in the above config.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

yhfung

All the examples shown above are using the SP1/SP2 Trunk (using **1 or **2) for callback service without entering AA. I have tried the LINE trunk but failed. My question is does the callback function works for LINE trunk? For example,

{(<**8>(99887766)):aa($1)},{ph}

where 99887766 is supposed to be my HK PSTN phone number.

I can only do the callback via the LINE trunk if AA answers my call, then I leave my callback phone number by choosing the option 3.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

obi-support2

yhfung,

I can confirm this is a bug in the OBi110 and we will address this in a future release.

Please email support@obihai.com if you want to try out a test build with a fix to this problem.

Thank you for reporting the issue.
OBIHAI Support Staff

yhfung

After OBihai Technical Support Team had pushed a bug-fixed fw to my OBi110 in Hong Kong, the Non-AA call back service works for LINE trunk very well.

Technical Support Team have  done a very good job!!!!

I believe that with this feature, there are many demands for OBi110 from China.

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

yhfung

I have already tried the NON-AA call back test in China using my OBi110 connected with the China Telecom PSTN line via the LINE port.

With the new disconnection tone 450-30;10;(.35+.35) and the firmware 1.2.1 (2103), the NON-AA call back funtion still does not work.

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

obi-support2

That's correct. 1.2.1.2103 don't have this fix yet.
Only your test f/w have this fix at the moment.
OBIHAI Support Staff

yhfung

Please consider it to include this fix in next official firmware release since it will create TONEs of OBi110 Sales in China (All the Chinese can buy the OBi110 in Hong Kong without any problems) since OBi110 may call, via the LINE port connecting the China Telecom PSTN porvided PSTN lines, the associated China Telecom mobile phone all over China FOR FREE using the so-called E9 plan (If you are Chinese and living in China, you can ask your local China Telecom for details).

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

Cruize

I am a little surprised that the following works  ;D Can somebody explain why it works.

I have set my OBi up with SP1:Google Voice and SP2:My SIP provider.

If I call my OBi and have it do a callback to me using SP2, then I am actually able to do a call out on either SP1 or SP2. I would have thought I would only be able to call out on SP1.

So in fact I have 2 SIP calls in progress even though my OBi is set up to use 1 Google Voice and 1 SIP.

Nice that it works, but why?

QBZappy

Cruize,

GV allows for 2 channels, it  looks like your SP also allows for more than one channel as well. That means you can be on a call and receive another call, or make 2 outgoing calls on the same SP. Some SP charge for this ability, charging double for both channels being used. If you have an unlimited monthly plan the 2nd channel might be included in the price.

I use voipms as one of my SP. They have unlimited channels if you select the pay by the usage plan. They charge for all the channels being used. If you select the monthly fixed plan they limit you to 2 channels, however with unlimited use.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

yupeng

Quote from: QBZappy on March 15, 2011, 11:51:44 AM
Hi

This is my Call back setup. Works great.

{(<**2>(15142321234|5143161234|5145771234|x.5148811234)):aa($1)},{(102|112|703):aa},{ph}

Explanation:
1) <**2> forces outgoing calls to go over my GV account in my SP2. I figured I would set it this way because I setup Trunk Group1 as my primary line . Trunk Group1 looks for first available line. I wanted to control the calls going out only on the GV channel on SP2.

2) I have a voip account. When I call through that account my CID has 15142321234 in front. The rest of the numbers should be how the phone picks up the CID. This is the section of the setup which offers the Call back service.

3) second part after the comma I have extensions from a PBX going to the AA. You could just as easily put a phone number in there.

Any other number will ring the attached phone in normal fashion. The controls based on CID is great. I have unlimited incoming on my cell. I can use the OBi to make calls on my cell  without using any of my outgoing minutes. You don't let the OBi answer the call. Immediately after the first ring, you hang up. Your OBi will call back the number identified on the CID if it matches any of the numbers in the above config.

Can you tell me where to do this configuration?

Obvdobi

I'm thinking about using it for my international contact to do this from their phone number directly to save normal international phone cost.  "To hang up before AA picks up" still carry the risk of being connected if the call was not ended in time.

Is it possible to let Obi refuse call (with busy tone) and then call back?

Stewart

Quote from: Obvdobi on October 21, 2011, 05:18:35 PM

I'm thinking about using it for my international contact to do this from their phone number directly to save normal international phone cost.  "To hang up before AA picks up" still carry the risk of being connected if the call was not ended in time.

You can't make it refuse the call, but there is a parameter "AA Service::CallbackAnswerDelay" which controls the delay before the AA will answer (in the callback case only).  The default value is 1000 ms, but you could set it longer, e.g. 30000,  if that's a concern.

Also, what country is your contact in?  If Localphone has access numbers there, you could set it up so your contact makes a local (or at least a national) call, so if it accidentally gets connected, the cost is lower.  If one of your SP1 or SP2 providers offers iNum, there would be no charge from Localphone (and that may overall cost less than the callback system).

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on October 21, 2011, 05:45:19 PM
The default value is 1000 ms, but you could set it longer, e.g. 30000,  if that's a concern.

It's probably a typo on your part, but...

The default is 10000 ms which is 10 seconds.

Stewart

Quote from: RonR on October 21, 2011, 06:00:54 PM
The default value is 1000 ms, but you could set it longer, e.g. 30000,  if that's a concern.

It's probably a typo on your part, but...

The default is 10000 ms which is 10 seconds.

Of course.  Thanks for the correction.

Obvdobi

Localphone looks great. Unforunately, it won't work for China.

I used Ron's method to add **3 Voice Gateway as LocalPhone branch. It works well.

Questions:
1. Why my callback is answered within 2 rings ...?
2. I have iNum through voip.ms.  So my contact's only way to use iNum is through some Softphone in China or ATA device? 

Quote from: Obvdobi on October 21, 2011, 05:18:35 PM

You can't make it refuse the call, but there is a parameter "AA Service::CallbackAnswerDelay" which controls the delay before the AA will answer (in the callback case only).  The default value is 1000 ms, but you could set it longer, e.g. 30000,  if that's a concern.

Also, what country is your contact in?  If Localphone has access numbers there, you could set it up so your contact makes a local (or at least a national) call, so if it accidentally gets connected, the cost is lower.  If one of your SP1 or SP2 providers offers iNum, there would be no charge from Localphone (and that may overall cost less than the callback system).

Stewart

In countries where providers do not have access numbers, AFAIK your choices for free or inexpensive voice are limited to:

1. End-to-end VoIP.  Obviously, your contact needs good Internet connectivity and a smartphone app / softphone / IP phone / Obi or other ATA.

2. Click-to-call.  Offered by many providers, sometimes automated in an app.  Contact needs some Internet connectivity.

3. Callback.  Offered by a Future-Nine and a few others, or roll your own with an OBi.

4. In a few special cases, there might be a trick.  For example, in Guangzhou and Shenzhen, some cell phone plans were offered that included Hong Kong, where Localphone and others have access numbers.

Have you tried setting CallbackAnswerDelay to a high value?  If so, and the call is still getting answered in two rings, perhaps something other than the OBi AA is picking up.  Set up the callback so it also works from one of your own phones and listen to what happens upon answer.

hitwao

i am in Cameroon in Africa. I have an obihai 110. I have family in the US and have a google voice account that I have linked to a sipgate account. I have set up my account and now when i dial my google number it rings in my sipgate account that I have configured on an spa 942 and on the fixed line on the obihai SP1 that has the google account.

Now my fixed line attached to the obihai 110 is an unlimited plan and I can call other Camtel phones for free when i pay the fixed monthly charges.

I want the auto attendant to forward all my calls through the fixed line attached to my Obihai 110  and use the fixed line on the Obihai 110 to call my mobile Camtel lines which are also free lines.

I have google account and number configured on line one SP1 to call family in the US and for family in the US to call me in Cameroon at my Google number that rings on the fixed line on the Obihai and the SPA942.

I have rynga.com sip configured on SP2 for outgoing calls for cheap calls to other countries.

My fixed line is (237) 33351184 Camtel network in Cameroon.

I want my fixed line to forward all calls after a 10 seconds ring to my Camtel mobile phone and my wife's Camtel mobile phone simultaneously.

I do solicit directives on how to configure the Obihai to have this satisfaction.

Thanks.

Stewart

Quote from: hitwao on November 19, 2011, 09:51:53 AMI want the auto attendant to forward all my calls through the fixed line attached to my Obihai 110  and use the fixed line on the Obihai 110 to call my mobile Camtel lines which are also free lines.

I want my fixed line to forward all calls after a 10 seconds ring to my Camtel mobile phone and my wife's Camtel mobile phone simultaneously.
I don't understand quite what you want to do, but I'll try to cover a few cases:

If you want to make calls from your mobiles via GV or Rynga, the callback setup discussed in this thread should work fine.  If you have trouble, please provide a detailed description of the problem.

If you want calls received on your GV number to also ring your mobile, you can easily do that, but ringing two mobiles simultaneously would require one of the calls to be placed via a VoIP service, because your fixed line can only handle one call at a time.  You could use one of your existing three accounts, or get a fourth one that offers less expensive calling to CM mobiles.  Alternatively, you could ring the mobiles sequentially via the fixed line, but you would need an additional service to perform the sequencing (and to provide a message to the caller asking him to wait while his party is located).

If you want calls received on the fixed line to ring one or both mobiles, you would have to use a VoIP service for the forwarding, because the fixed line is already busy with the incoming call.