News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call hunt with two obihai 202 devices

Started by Volta10, December 07, 2015, 09:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volta10

Is it possible to program the obihai 202 to ring phone 1 only, but if phone 1 is in use then forward to phone 2?  Right now whenever someone calls in, both phones 1 and 2 ring simultaneously.  Also, I have a second obihai 202.  Is it possible to program 1st obihai 202 when phones 1 and 2 are in use to forward the phone to 2nd obihai 202?  I want to mention each obihai 202 device has its own phonepower account.  I would really really appreciate if someone can help me.

azrobert

You should know about call forwarding on busy. I answered your question here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9939.0

Normally you can only route the call to a single phone on busy, but you can play games by looping the call out then back to the OBi202.
I tested looping the call out and back in on the same SP for a different purpose (Distinctive Ring) and it worked. I don't remember if I tested call forward on busy using this technique.

OBi202#1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph1
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallForwardOnBusyNumber:
sp4(fwd@127.0.0.1:5063)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph2
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> CallForwardOnBusyNumber: pp(510222222)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone 1 and Phone 2:
CallWaitingEnable: Unchecked

OBi202#2
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

127.0.0.1 is a loopback. It's the equivalent of the IP address of the same device.
5063 is the port# of SP4
Change 510222222 to the OBi number of OBI202#2

Volta10

Thank you for trying to help me.  I tried to follow your instructions and it's too confusing for me to understand.  This whole thing is like a different language to me.
Maybe if I summarize my question then you can explain to me better.

This is what I'm trying to do:
I have ATT SynJ SB67138 four line phone system for my small business. I want to be able to use all 4 lines when needed.  
I bought two obi202 devices with a total of 4 POTS to plug into the phone.  For each obi device I register a Phonepower account.  Each phonepower SIP account will allow two simultaneous incoming/outgoing calls.  Under Phonepower settings I can program it to transfer calls to my second phonepower account when the first one is fully in use or nobody picks up the phone after # of rings.  
So lines 1,2 are connected to 1st obi202 device and lines 3,4 connected to 2nd obi202 device.

With my setup outgoing calls work perfect.  
The problem is incoming calls.  When line 1 is in use and someone tries to call in, line 2 would ring.  After a few rings it transfers to line 3 (second phonepower account).  The problem is during the transition between line 2 and line 3 both of these would be ringing.  When someone picks up the phone line 2 kicks in automatically even though the call is already dead and she would have to hangup and click on line 3.  It's very confusing when this happens.

So what I'm trying to do is have a smoother transition between the two obi devices.  Is there a way to program obihai to stop ringing sooner than default?  
With my setup is it better if I just purchase OBi504vs?  

azrobert

QuoteWith my setup is it better if I just purchase OBi504vs?
I don't own an OBi5 series device, but from my understanding it would be a much easier setup.

If you want I can try to help with your current devices, but first I have a few questions. I understand how calls are transferred from line 2 to line 3, but how are calls transfer from line 1 to line 2? Are you using the OBi202 function "call forward on busy"? Do you receive calls directly on line 3 and do you want a similar handling of these calls (line 3 to line 4 then to line 1 and 2)?

I'm GUESSING you are using the OBi202 "call forward on busy" and it is conflicting with Phonepower transferring the call to the 2nd account. I would suggest turning off the Phonepower transfer and have the OBi202's do all the call forwarding. The only way I know how to transfer inbound calls 3 times is with the method I described in my 1st post above. I can give you a more detailed explanation of how/why this works. I did think of an easier method, but it would skip line 2. The call would be transferred to line 3 then line 4.

Edit:
Do you know how to use OBi Expert? Maybe that is why you didn't understand my 1st post.

Edit2:
On inbound calls do line 1 and 2 ring simultaneously? If they do then we can use the easy method to forward calls to line 3 and 4.

Currently when Phonepower transfers the call to OBi202#2 do both line 3 and 4 ring simultaneously?

Volta10

Quote from: azrobert on December 13, 2015, 07:34:33 AM
QuoteWith my setup is it better if I just purchase OBi504vs?
I don't own an OBi5 series device, but from my understanding it would be a much easier setup.

If you want I can try to help with your current devices, but first I have a few questions. I understand how calls are transferred from line 2 to line 3, but how are calls transfer from line 1 to line 2?   By default, both lines 1 and 2 will ring.  This was very annoying so I recently figured how to stop this by following this post: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3096.0 Are you using the OBi202 function "call forward on busy"? Yes, that's exactly how I do it. Do you receive calls directly on line 3 and do you want a similar handling of these calls (line 3 to line 4 then to line 1 and 2)? That's what I want to do, except I want receive calls on line 1 first, then hunt to line 2 , then line 3 and finally to line 4 when each preceding line is busy

I'm GUESSING you are using the OBi202 "call forward on busy" and it is conflicting with Phonepower transferring the call to the 2nd account. I would suggest turning off the Phonepower transfer and have the OBi202's do all the call forwarding. Yes!  This is where I can't figure out.  I know how to transfer on busy within the Obihai device but I can't figure out how to transfer from one obi device to another.  That's why I have to rely on Phonepower to transfer from one obi to another.  If we can figure out how to transfer between obi devices using obitalk then I think the transition will be smoother.  Right now this is how it works:  Someone calls in Obi device 1 rings on line 1 if it's busy obitalk will transfer it to line 2.  If line 2 is busy I have to rely on phonepower to transfer to line 3 (obihai device #2), and then if line 3 is busy obitalk transfer to line 4.   Again, my problem is when phonepower transfers to line 3.  Lines 2 and 3 both ring even though line 2 is already dead.  The only way I know how to transfer inbound calls 3 times is with the method I described in my 1st post above. I can give you a more detailed explanation of how/why this works. I did think of an easier method, but it would skip line 2. The call would be transferred to line 3 then line 4.
Edit:
Do you know how to use OBi Expert? Maybe that is why you didn't understand my 1st post.  Yes, but with limited knoweldge

Edit2:
On inbound calls do line 1 and 2 ring simultaneously? If they do then we can use the easy method to forward calls to line 3 and 4.  Do you mind re-explain this step by step?

Currently when Phonepower transfers the call to OBi202#2 do both line 3 and 4 ring simultaneously? By default yes, but like stated above I turned it off by following the link instructions.  I could always put it back to default if needed. 

azrobert

You answered all my questions except one, but I don't need to know the answer now.

I'm going to use this post to explain the problem and my solution. I'll re-post the configuration changes separately with some additional info.

Problem:
Normally you can only forward a call once on the OBi202. The forwarding parms are defined on the SP trunk, not on the phone port. When a call is forwarded to PH2, there aren't any forwarding parms on PH2 so the call can't be forwarded again.

Solution:
Instead of forwarding the call to PH2, you can forward the call to a SIP URI address. Normally you would do this to route the call to another device, but I'm forwarding the call back to itself. I defined a dummy trunk on SP4. I forwarded the call to the IP address and port of SP4 on OBi202#1. The call goes out SP4 and loops around back to SP4. The X_InboundCallRoute on SP4 sends the call to PH2, so the forward is complete. Now you have forwarding parms on SP4 to forward the call again to OBi202#2 via the OBiHai network. A little complex, but it should solve your problem.

azrobert

OBi202#1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service
X_InboundCallRoute: ph1
CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: sp4(fwd@127.0.0.1:5063)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: sp4(fwd@127.0.0.1:5063)

"Voice Services" and "SP1 Service" corresponds to the tabs on the left side of the OBi Expert page.
Click on Voice Services then click on SP1 Service
Now change the parms.
Both boxes to the right of the value must be unchecked to be able to make changes.
After all changes are complete for this page, click Submit and wait until the OBi202 reboots.

Now do the same for the following:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP
ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
X_SpoofCallerID: Checked

Voice Services -> SP4 Service
AuthUserName: OBi202a
X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
X_ServProvProfile: D
X_InboundCallRoute: ph2
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: pp(510222222)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: pp(510222222)

OBi202#2
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service
InboundCallRoute: ph
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: ph2
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: ph2

Physical Interfaces -> Phone 1:

Edit:
Disable call forwarding in Phonepower.

Volta10

I didn't see your latest post.  I'll review it and test them out.

azrobert

A SIP URI is basically the IP address of a device plus some additional info.

A dummy trunk is a fake trunk. It doesn't connect to any provider. It is needed for the call routing.

Forwarding number sp4(fwd@127.0.0.1:5063)
SP4 - I'm using the dummy trunk defined on SP4 to forward the call to the supplied address.
FWD - This is a dummy name and is ignored. It is needed for the syntax of the command.
127.0.0.1 - This is loopback address. It is the equivalent of specifying the IP address of OBi202#1.
5063: The port number of SP4.

The call is forwarded out SP4, loops around and comes back into the same SP4 on OBi202#1.
SP4 will send the call to PH2 on OBi202#1 via the inbound call route.
This is how the call is forwarded from PH1 to PH2 on a busy.
OBi202#2 is not involved up to this point.

On a PH2 busy the forwarding parms on OBI202#1 SP4 will forward the call to OBi202#2 using the OBiTalk network.

Volta10

I followed the instructions and it actually worked!  At first it wasn't working right because of the call on forward on no answer was enabled.  This option made the phone going crazy,  long story short once I turned this off everything worked perfect.  Now it'll transfer on busy and no more over lapping lines.  Thank you very much for your help!!!

Now I have one more follow up question. I really like to use GV voice recorder and its awesome transcription.  Is there an option to program it so when someone calls phonepower SP1 it will simultaneously call GV SP2?  This way Phonepower and GV both ringing, after 25 secs GV voice msg will kick in?  Also, I don't want GV SP2 to ring at all when a call is being forwarded to it b/c SP1 will be ringing too.

Right now I get around this by using Ring.to to fwd simultaneously to phonepower and GV.  However, I want to reduce another layer of potential hiccup. Hopefully Obihai has an option that Ring.to can do.

azrobert

Strange. I don't know why Forward on No Answer would cause a problem.

You can route the call back out Phonepower to GV. I assume you don't want to use Ring.to. Phonepower will have to support simultaneous inbound and outbound calls. GV will see the Phonepower callerid, not the inbound callerid. You can block the Phonepower callerid on SP2 from ringing.

SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute: ph,sp1(GV_Number)

To be safe, increase the max sessions:
SP1 Service MaxSessions: 4

SP2 Service X_InboundCallRoute: {Phonepower_callerid:},{ph}

You need to use an 11 digit callerid.
There is a colon after the callerid.

Volta10

Quote from: azrobert on December 13, 2015, 05:33:00 PM
OBi202#1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service
X_InboundCallRoute: ph1
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: sp4(fwd@127.0.0.1:5063)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: sp4(fwd@127.0.0.1:5063)

"Voice Services" and "SP1 Service" corresponds to the tabs on the left side of the OBi Expert page.
Click on Voice Services then click on SP1 Service
Now change the parms.
Both boxes to the right of the value must be unchecked to be able to make changes.
After all changes are complete for this page, click Submit and wait until the OBi202 reboots.

Now do the same for the following:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP
ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
X_SpoofCallerID: Checked

Voice Services -> SP4 Service
AuthUserName: OBi202a
X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
X_ServProvProfile: D
X_InboundCallRoute: ph2
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: pp(510222222)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: pp(510222222)

OBi202#2
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service
InboundCallRoute: ph
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: ph2
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: ph2

Physical Interfaces -> Phone 1:

Edit:
Disable call forwarding in Phonepower.

Hi, it's been over a year since I last used this option.  Now I want to use it again but it's not working for me :(
I followed the direction as above (except I no longer want call forward on no answer. I just want call foward on busy) and this is how my phone behaves:
I just want to remind that I have a 4 line phone with obihai 202a connects to lines 1,2 and obihai 202b connects to lines 3,4.
1) When someone talking on lines 1,2 and a third caller calls in nothing happens.  It rings until the voicemail kicks in.
2)  When lines 1,2 are on dial tone (but no active phone calls are being made) and a third caller calls in then it will promptly rings line 3 off obihai 202b device.
I have tried this with phonepower and callcentric and they both behave the same way.  Am I doing something wrong?  Clearly it worked for me in the past but not anymore.  Thanks in advance for the help.