News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk202 - Drops outbound call to specific phone number

Started by jkrusic, January 13, 2016, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkrusic

Hello,

I am relatively new to use the obi and ran into an issue, and I am not sure where to start.

Current configuration:
- Obitalk202 setup with GoogleVoice and SIP Phone

Issue:
When I dial outbound to one specific phone number the call connects, and I breifly maybe 1 second hear the IVR then I get disconnected. Below are the logs from ObiTalk web portal, as you can see I dial OB to 64171***** - ring - connect - call disconnect. This occurs every time when dialing this number. I just use this for work purposes to join incident bridges and meetings.

15:31:42   From 'James' SP2(1001)   To GT1(64171*****)
15:31:42      Ringing
15:31:42      Call Connected
15:31:46      Call Ended

Anyone have an suggestions on where to start? Inbound and Outbound to any other number works fine it is specifically this phone number (last 5 **** because its an internal number for work).

Thank you!

SteveInWA

Google limits or blocks entirely, calls to certain high-rate rural telephone carriers which engage in traffic pumping in cahoots with conference call providers.  You'll have to use some other method of calling those numbers.

Taoman

The 641 area code is notorious for traffic pumping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_641

Either add money to your Google Voice account or use a different outbound provider.

BigJim_McD

jkrusic,

Quote from: Taoman on January 13, 2016, 02:11:28 PM
The 641 area code is notorious for traffic pumping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_641

Either add money to your Google Voice account or use a different outbound provider.

Our family makes use of a conference service within the (641) area code.  I'm able to successful call the (641) number with my Google Voice phone service -BUT- it cost me 1-cent per minute.  I keep a credit in my Google Voice account.

I started using my mobile phone or even better an APP for the conference call that allows me to use sip over WiFi which gives me great audio, a view of who's on the conference and at "No Cost" other than what I'm already paying for my Internet service.
BigJimMcD