News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can't setup GV - Connecting to 74.125.28.125 or Connecting to 173.194.202.125

Started by bluemarble, February 27, 2016, 09:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemarble

I was not able to dial in or out in the last few days. I don't think it has to do with the new router but I could be wrong.

In any case, I got the "no service configured error" on both of my obihai 202 so I decided to factory restore one of them and start from scratch. I was able to add the device back to the dashboard. But after I add the GV account, I get the Connecting to 74.125.28.125 in the status for a long time and eventually backoff.

Can anyone shed some light as to what happened? It can't be both devices going bad at the same time so it is either something with my new router that I need to open ports or GV has some sort of problem. If I need to open port, please let me know how to.

BTW I used **9 xxx xxx xxx to dial my other device and it rang, so I don't know if it is GV+Obi problem. My other device has Connecting to 173.194.203.125

SteveInWA

Since you were willing to factory reset your OBi, I recommend starting from scratch, carefully following my instructions here, and then report back if it fails, with details on exactly what happens at which failing step.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

bluemarble

I did everything. When I get to the configuring spinner, it took a long time and then changed to Connecting to 173.194.202.125. It's been like this for hours. And the other device I did not do a factory reset but only redid the GV accounts, it now changed to Backing Off (0s): TCP connection to 125.202.194.1

I'm not sure what is going on but unfortunately something is definitely not work.

SteveInWA

Where are you?  The first IP address is a Google server, but the second is in Japan.  You can't set this up from outside the USA.

bluemarble

I'm in the USA. Funny thing is the numbers would switch from one to the other.
I just tried to set up another number and I can confirm I get the "Configuration has been updated successfully." on the top but the spinner just keep spinning. I really don't know what's going on. Everything was working just fine a couple days ago and then I got the "not service configured error" suddenly and now I cannot setup anything.

BTW, I can dial **9 xxx xxx xxx to the devices and it rang, so I don't think it is a equipment problem.

bluemarble

When I clicked on the dashboard link, it changes the status again. Now both my devices shows Connecting to 173.194.202.125. The status just keep changing. I don't know what's going on.

SteveInWA

Have you updated your OBi devices to the latest firmware level?  Press ***0, then press 1# and the firmware level will be read back to you.  If it is lower than 5135, then update your devices.

8.8.8.8 and

SteveInWA

I'll also point out that, looking at your posting history, things have been fishy since 2014, so I have no idea what you are doing wrong, aside from what I've suggested so far.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=14166;sa=showPosts

bluemarble

I just had a thought that I would change my firewall setting from medium to low. Voila all my phone numbers are shown as connected right away. That means my new router is the problem. I have a TP-Link CR700 cable modem/router. So the medium setting must have blocked some ports.