News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Accessing OBi100 locally

Started by DocHudson, May 24, 2016, 10:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHudson

Hello folks,

I am another victim of $10 fee and OBi100 suddenly stopped working. When I logged into Obitalk, I got the $10 message. I have been reading forums and there is an option to upgrade firmware locally. https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11256.msg73954#msg73954

From the direction, it seems like accessing ftp server. When I add my 192.169.x.xx, I get an error message that it is not accessible.
DHCP is open (what I got after ***1 on the phone)
I have also deleted google account from the Obitalk account. I have not deleted the device yet, nor have I reset it. In case if that makes any difference.

What mistake I am making that it is not accessible?

Thanks in advance.

FWIW, I am not able to set up google voice on this now, that I deleted earlier account. Nothing shows up, just page gets refreshed.

SteveInWA

Quote from: DocHudson on May 24, 2016, 10:09:17 AM
Hello folks,

I am another victim of $10 fee and OBi100 suddenly stopped working. When I logged into Obitalk, I got the $10 message. I have been reading forums and there is an option to upgrade firmware locally. https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11256.msg73954#msg73954

From the direction, it seems like accessing ftp server. When I add my 192.169.x.xx, I get an error message that it is not accessible.
DHCP is open (what I got after ***1 on the phone)
I have also deleted google account from the Obitalk account. I have not deleted the device yet, nor have I reset it. In case if that makes any difference.

What mistake I am making that it is not accessible?

Thanks in advance.

FWIW, I am not able to set up google voice on this now, that I deleted earlier account. Nothing shows up, just page gets refreshed.

Read:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11252.msg73904#msg73904

DocHudson

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick answer. I actually read that thread before posting and I understand it completely. The steps you mention are
1. Download and save the .fw file from Taoman's link.
2. Pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial ***1 and write down the IP address that it reads to you.
3. Open a web browser to that address.
4. Click System Management-->Device Update-->Firmware Update-->Select file to update firmware.
5. Browse to the file you downloaded and select it.
6. Click the "Update" button.

The problem I have is at step 3. If I understand correctly, its same as accessing ftp server, right or, its like accessing router where I need to connect the laptop to OBi device directly using ethernet cable?

Thanks in advance.

SteveInWA

Quote from: DocHudson on May 24, 2016, 01:29:36 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick answer. I actually read that thread before posting and I understand it completely. The steps you mention are
1. Download and save the .fw file from Taoman's link.
2. Pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial ***1 and write down the IP address that it reads to you.
3. Open a web browser to that address.
4. Click System Management-->Device Update-->Firmware Update-->Select file to update firmware.
5. Browse to the file you downloaded and select it.
6. Click the "Update" button.

The problem I have is at step 3. If I understand correctly, its same as accessing ftp server, right or, its like accessing router where I need to connect the laptop to OBi device directly using ethernet cable?

Thanks in advance.

Why are you focused on FTP?  Your OBi should be connected to the same LAN as your computer.  You are accessing the OBi's local web server on your LAN.  The address of the OBi's web server is obtained in step 2.  Just type that address into the address bar of your web browser.

DocHudson

Yes, sorted out.  I finally managed to access the page and update the firmware. After that, I could add google voice details on Obitalk website. Phone is functional now.. Thanks for all help.