News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 110 "no service configured" error

Started by devicedoc, June 23, 2016, 01:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devicedoc

Today I started getting the no service configured error when I attempt to dial out on my obi110.  I have FW  1.3.0 (Build: 2872)

I cannot reconfigure with google voice.  chat is on in my GV account.  nothing on my end has changed fromm what I can see.

I changed my OBi DNS to 4.2.2.2

I depend upon this service.  But for the life of me I cannot make I work.

any help would be appreciated

,arc

SteveInWA

Use DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Read my instructions on the OBi firmware update, here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0

kelemvor

Same problem here.  Just started today.  Status message says:
Backing Off (4s):TCP connection to 209.85.147.125 failed

When I go into the ObiHai portal to reconfigure it it says:
Your device may have outdated, old software which no longer complies with Google Voice security requirements.

My versions are:
HardwareVersion   3.4   help
SoftwareVersion   1.3.0 (Build: 2872) <-- this seems to be the latest version I can find online.

It won't let me configure anything and is basically holding me hostage.  It says I can't do anything unless I pay them $10 for Premium support.

WTF?

kelemvor

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 23, 2016, 02:34:19 PM

Read my instructions on the OBi firmware update, here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0

So do I just go under Network Settings and uncheck the Default box by DNS1 and DNS2 and put in the Google DNS entries and then reboot?  I seem to already be at the proper firmware level...

SteveInWA

Quote from: kelemvor on June 23, 2016, 02:40:53 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on June 23, 2016, 02:34:19 PM

So do I just go under Network Settings and uncheck the Default box by DNS1 and DNS2 and put in the Google DNS entries and then reboot? 

Actually, the best place to make DNS settings changes is on your router; that way, all devices plugged into your LAN will automatically pick up the correct DNS, as long as they are left at the default setting.

If you don't want to do that, then log into the OBiTALK web portal, get into Expert configuration mode for your OBi device, and go to System Management --> WAN Settings --> Internet Settings and change DNSServer1 and DNSServer2 accordingly.  You need to remove BOTH checkmarks to the right of the settings in order to edit them.  Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.

I seem to already be at the proper firmware level...

seem?  Either you are, or you aren't.  Pick up the phone attached to the OBi and key in ***0 then 1# and listen to the firmware version read back.  The last 4 digits must be 2886

kelemvor

None of the firmware download links I found had anything later than 2872.

Thanks to goldie26 for the link directly to the new one:
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw

Applied that and everything seems happy now.

SteveInWA

Quote from: kelemvor on June 23, 2016, 03:04:50 PM
None of the firmware download links I found had anything later than 2872.

Thanks to goldie26 for the link directly to the new one:
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw

Applied that and everything seems happy now.

The firmware update section on this forum DOES provide 2886, although Obihai hasn't gotten around to updating the wording on the page.

DSSATL

I just updated a friend's OBi110 using Steve's step-by-step instructions in the first reply to the OP.

The Mars Rover is once again rolling and sending back photos.

Thanks yet again, Steve. You are a jeenyuss.  ::)

SteveInWA

Quote from: DSSATL on June 23, 2016, 04:36:26 PM
I just updated a friend's OBi110 using Steve's step-by-step instructions in the first reply to the OP.

The Mars Rover is once again rolling and sending back photos.

Thanks yet again, Steve. You are a jeenyuss.  ::)

Thanks for the feedback!  It's a good antidote to the trolls.

jelth

I followed the instructions and it worked perfectly!! Thanks devicedoc!

PP77

Thank you, SteveInWA. That's a great blog you put up there. Helped me resolve my issue without purchasing support from OBI. Your efforts are much appreciated.

dougsmith

I had this issue, just this week - after ~5 years of no problems.  I found the threads on firmware update and did that with the OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw version. I had to reconfigure Google Voice, which seems to be fine... everything looks good on my obitalk home page and device web page, but...  I am only getting incoming calls; outgoing calls are still giving me the "there is no service available..." message.  Anybody know how to fix that?

SteveInWA

Quote from: dougsmith on July 10, 2016, 05:30:05 PM
I had this issue, just this week - after ~5 years of no problems.  I found the threads on firmware update and did that with the OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw version. I had to reconfigure Google Voice, which seems to be fine... everything looks good on my obitalk home page and device web page, but...  I am only getting incoming calls; outgoing calls are still giving me the "there is no service available..." message.  Anybody know how to fix that?

"...seems to be fine..."  doesn't tell me much.  Are you trying to use Google Voice for both inbound and outbound calling, or do you route inbound calls through another service provider, like Callcentric, to get caller ID name?

Did you factory-reset your OBi and reconfigure it using the OBiTALK web portal, after you upgraded the firmware?

Go here:  https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev and click on the name of your OBi device.  What does it say to the right of SP1 and SP2?

dougsmith

Everything is through Google Voice.
Yes - I reconfigured the device on the obitalk portal after udating the firmware

SP1    Google Voice™ Account         Connected
SP2    Not Configured

SteveInWA

It's very unusual that inbound calling would work, but not outbound calling, unless it's some sort of Homer Simpson thing, like not dialing the full 10-digit telephone number.

I suggest starting over from scratch.  It won't take that long.  On the OBiTALK web portal, completely delete the device off of your OBiTALK account.  Watch the blinking LEDs on the OBi and wait at least 5 minutes for it to finish the remote reset.  Temporarily unplug the Ethernet cable from the OBi.  Pick up the phone and key in ***8 then 1 to confirm restoring to factory defaults.  Again, wait for the LEDs to stop blinking.  Plug the Ethernet cable back in.

Add the OBi back to the OBiTALK web portal, using the "Add device" and **5 procedure on that page.

Follow my instructions, here, to set up Google Voice on the OBi, from scratch:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

dougsmith

Ok - that fixed it. I guess my problem was reconfiguring the device instead of deleting it and starting from scratch. Thanks!

SteveInWA

Quote from: dougsmith on July 10, 2016, 06:40:59 PM
Ok - that fixed it. I guess my problem was reconfiguring the device instead of deleting it and starting from scratch. Thanks!

Woo hoo!  Enjoy.

JPinCT

I also get the "no service configured error." But really I am a novice at this, although I've had GV/Obihai for more than 5 years before this oddity. I knew what I was doing when I set it up yars ago, but now I don't know how it works anymore.  I was able just now to manually update the firmware, it is now the latest for Obihai 100/110 and I verified this is the case on my phone.  But when I go to the Obitalk site, it does not say GV is connected (like the other person in this thread) -- it says:

SP1Google Voice™ :

AccountBacking Off (0s):
   TCP connection to [here there is a web address location]

And when I go to my web address location, under SP1 service status it says:

Status   Service Not Configured

So something seems wrong. And I am so afraid to do anything rash. Any suggestions? Please be specific and assume I'm an idiot in terms of instructions.

Thanks!

SteveInWA

Quote from: JPinCT on July 12, 2016, 07:24:29 PM
I also get the "no service configured error." But really I am a novice at this, although I've had GV/Obihai for more than 5 years before this oddity. I knew what I was doing when I set it up yars ago, but now I don't know how it works anymore.  I was able just now to manually update the firmware, it is now the latest for Obihai 100/110 and I verified this is the case on my phone.  But when I go to the Obitalk site, it does not say GV is connected (like the other person in this thread) -- it says:

SP1Google Voice™ :

AccountBacking Off (0s):
   TCP connection to [here there is a web address location]

And when I go to my web address location, under SP1 service status it says:

Status   Service Not Configured

So something seems wrong. And I am so afraid to do anything rash. Any suggestions? Please be specific and assume I'm an idiot in terms of instructions.

Thanks!

You likely need to delete the Google Voice configuration on your OBi and set it up again.  It's not difficult, and, assuming you do know your Google Voice account's login information, it won't take long.  Here are the complete instructions.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

JPinCT

Steve, thanks!  It took me a while to figure out how to delete the device, and then another while to figure out how to factory reset.  But after I did, and then reestablished my GV on obitalk portal, then everything is working just wonderfully again.  Thanks so much, you really are a lifesaver.