News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem with OBI110 and GVoice

Started by rupnok, July 27, 2011, 08:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rupnok

System was working fine until recently.  Now when I try to call out, the message I get is that there is no service available.  Tried **9222222222 echo test also no service.  OBI110 unit has blinking power and internet leds and phone led lights up when I go to make a call.  I check the OBItalk portal and everything in OK except my status was offline and that I need to update the firmware.  Also checked GV and everything is proper.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

RonR

Is the OBi getting an IP address from your router (dial ***1)?

If so, can you log into the OBi using a web browser and that IP address?

fellow

I have the same problem  :'(
Adapter assigns ip address to OBI110, but can not ping or go through browser  ???

Any help please...

rupnok

Quote from: RonR on July 27, 2011, 08:49:07 PM
Is the OBi getting an IP address from your router (dial ***1)?

If so, can you log into the OBi using a web browser and that IP address?

When I ***1 it says that my IP address is not available and the DHCP is enabled.
Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: rupnok on July 28, 2011, 01:44:33 PM
When I ***1 it says that my IP address is not available and the DHCP is enabled.

Then the OBi and your router aren't communicating.

You might try a different Ethernet cable.

You might try a different Ethernet port on your router.

You might try a different router or try the OBi on a friends network.

You might try resetting the OBi to factory defaults using the reset button on the under side of the OBi.  Hold it depressed with a paper-clip for an extended period of time until the OBi reboots.

If none of these get any favorable results, you may have to contact Obihai for a possible replacement.

rupnok

OK.  Switched the router port and cable.  Now The router and obi110 are communicating with each other, but I still do not have service.

OBiSupport

Quote from: RonR on July 28, 2011, 01:52:19 PM
You might try a different Ethernet cable.

You might try a different Ethernet port on your router.

You might try a different router or try the OBi on a friends network.

You might try resetting the OBi to factory defaults using the reset button on the under side of the OBi.  Hold it depressed with a paper-clip for an extended period of time until the OBi reboots.

Thanks, RonR,

If you still experience problem of getting service, please contact us at support@obihai.com, we will help you out.

rupnok

Don't know why but everything works now.  Thanks to everyone.

seabass

I am having the same pb described.  Dial tone but a blinking line.  I ***1 and was told the IP address is not available and the DHCP is unable.  I plug my computer through the same internet line and it is working.  I try other outlet, no success.  Anybody can help?  Thank you.