News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 with Obi 100 and Callcentric

Started by rickame, September 13, 2013, 08:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickame

I am about to configure my Obi100 with a Google Voice number as primary for calling out and receiving and my Callcentric number for receiving and secondary calling out using their **1 prefix.
I believe you have to purchase e911 with Callcentric as opposed to using Anveo e911 via Obi site (correct?) If so, how do you call e911 directly if configured as I am suggesting, or would one have to dial the **1 prefix for e911, seems like that wouldn't be a good step to have to remember in emergency. Wonder if you purchase Anveo, can you get Callcentric to wave their $1.50 fee or do you just need to over-buy both?  Guidance appreciated. Rick

Shale

If you use Callcentric SIP and it has 911, and if you use OBiTalk to set things up, it is easy. Just tick the "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" box for the SP that you set up with Callcentric (or whoever you use) SP. OBiTalk will then send the configuration to OBi100, and all you will have to do is to pick up the phone and dial 911 with no prefix.

Like Anveo, Callcentric has a 933 test number that should be set up by OBiTalk when it sets up the 911. So just call 933 to do your testing once you are set up.

http://www.callcentric.com/faq/23

rickame

thanks much...so even if I have GV as my primary number for calls out, the Obi100 can be configured to access e911 even if that is set up with Callcentric where through whom I would usually not call out and would have to dial **1 if I did. Just want to be sure I don't have to do that or purchase and call making service with Callcentric since I want to use GV for out calls...thanks, rick

lancemoreland

How do you insure that dialing 911 will use SP2 (where my callcentric is set up) if you use the web interface to set up the OBi?  I have the OBi talk interface disabled so that it does not overwrite my settings.  Specifically I looking for the instructions to do this on an OBi200.

ianobi

lancemoreland,

In your Phone Port DigitMap ensure that you have 911 and 933. (911 will already be there.)

In your Phone Port OutboundCallRoute you will need this rule. It's usually placed at the start:

{(911|933):sp2},{... other rules here ...

This will route 911 and 933 directly to sp2 with no reference to any other digit maps.

lancemoreland