News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

vestalink and google voice

Started by pothound, March 22, 2014, 06:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pothound

i'm signing up to vestalink,and i have googlevoice in sp-1. i signed in on phone power and obi automatically put it in sp-2. i need to remove it and put vestalink in sp-2. if i am successful, i will have google voice on sp-1 and vestalink on sp-2. without dialing extra numbers how do i pick vestalink over google voice? i do not want to lose google voice in case they make a last minute change. thank you
pothound

drgeoff

While the OBis are remarkably talented pieces of kit they are currently unable to read minds.  :(

Without dialling extra digits (eg the **1, and **2 prefixes) the only way the OBi can know which SP you want to use is to tell it which numbers or number ranges you want to go out via a certain SP.  That is done with digit maps, dial plans, OutBoundCallRouting.  Some or all of those need to be customised to your specific requirements.  You can either spend some time (likely to be substantially more than a few minutes if, like myself, your IQ is less than 200) reading the relevant parts of the OBi Device Administration Guide or give details here and hope that some kind person will provide the strings you need.

gderf

Or you can just use the OBiTALK interface, edit which SP you want to be the default for outgoing calls, and put a check mark in the box next to "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls."
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

giqcass

Quote from: gderf on March 22, 2014, 07:14:39 AM
Or you can just use the OBiTALK interface, edit which SP you want to be the default for outgoing calls, and put a check mark in the box next to "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls."
I second this idea.  If you plan to use the Auto attendant you may want to make the change there as well.

Quote from: drgeoff on March 22, 2014, 06:57:01 AM
You can either spend some time (likely to be substantially more than a few minutes if, like myself, your IQ is less than 200) reading the relevant parts of the OBi Device Administration Guide
I have spent hours reading that guide and I still have a lot to figure out.  I think the "guide" is speaking a different language.
Long live our new ObiLords!

pothound

thank you for your help.
i receved a congratulation from ryan tilton  for using his service, but i'm not configured to anything. it is evidently beyond my intelligence to configure his service to my obi100. sp-2 is what i want to use. not enough clarity here. missing a few steps. i only have time on weekends. no support. i couldn't get passed the provisioning screen.
pothound

gderf

Have you tried using the OBiTALK portal to configure using the Generic Service Provider template? The amount of information you need to enter on the form is minimal and available from your Vestalink account web page, Devices | Softphone/BYOD | Vestalink Sip Credentials.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

pothound

with this information, i'm able to make and receive calls thru vestalink, but obi shows it as not configured. also i would like to know how to show all the different pages in the obi interface. changing some settings might help. how to get to digimap?
thank you  pothound

pothound

i copied the vestalink credentials into the obi interface, and still no configuration. i hit the submit button, rebooted and no success. i'm missing a step somewhere, but where? now i have to get serious. i have no phone service, i lost google voice.
thank you  pothound

cluckercreek

Quote from: pothound on March 25, 2014, 04:08:28 PM
i copied the vestalink credentials into the obi interface, and still no configuration. i hit the submit button, rebooted and no success. i'm missing a step somewhere, but where? now i have to get serious. i have no phone service, i lost google voice.
thank you  pothound

Start fresh by deleting your Obi in the ObiTALK portal.

pothound

i had to reconfig my obi to get google voice back. i don't uinderstand what happened. i have another obi100. vestalink is approved on  one obi100.  would it be difficult to transfer the config from one to the other. thank you pothound