News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoipDude

I signed-up this morning, and received the confirmation email with login info. I am unable to login, and receive the following:NEW ACCOUNT : Your account has not been validate yet! I can understand the $2 credit not being applied immediately, but the ability to login to the account should be. Just thought other Obi users should be aware of this, as I'm sure it will create some frustration.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Thank you, we put mention in our email that it may take 12 hours to activate but most of the time it's about 2. Your account is now active and you should have your free calling credit please try us out!

By the way the reason for the delay is to prevent fraud. We started this a few weeks ago, we had a rash of fraudulent signups. The customers would sign up, use a bogus credit cards to buy calling time and then disappear within a few hours so now we have a human validate the signups. Sorry for the inconvenience and we'll try to speed up the process in the future.

Sam

Sam_from_CircleNet

VoipDude

Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on April 09, 2014, 09:34:50 AM
Thank you, we put mention in our email that it may take 12 hours to activate but most of the time it's about 2. Your account is now active and you should have your free calling credit please try us out!

By the way the reason for the delay is to prevent fraud. We started this a few weeks ago, we had a rash of fraudulent signups. The customers would sign up, use a bogus credit cards to buy calling time and then disappear within a few hours so now we have a human validate the signups. Sorry for the inconvenience and we'll try to speed up the process in the future.

Sam

That's understandable, thanks for taking care of the activation. It's now working on my Obi, however, there is a problem with caller ID. I entered my caller ID (home phone number) in your web portal, and it updated that info, however, when I make a call it's showing 530-619-3038 as my caller ID, which is a California number and of course is not my number here on the East coast.

Sam_from_CircleNet

CID for your account should now work :-), we do a lot here with timed processes and the CID update/replication is one of them.

azrobert

Quote from: VoipDude on April 09, 2014, 10:48:41 AM

when I make a call it's showing 530-619-3038 as my caller ID

The CallerID must be in the format 1xxxxxxxxxx

I received the same number when I set the Outbound CallerId to 10 digits.

Sam_from_CircleNet

I think there is a way with the Obi to pass us your caller ID on a per-call basis. This would allow you to set it to anything your would like. We're investigating that now.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Also different outbound carriers that we use want the CID in different formats we do our best to automate that process however this isn't yet perfected. If you set caller ID or change it on our portal it's also a good idea to open a support ticket and let us know this way we'll make sure everything works smoothly and if there are problems we'll fix them without you having to worry about it.

Thanks!
Sam

VoipDude

Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on April 09, 2014, 01:46:20 PM
Also different outbound carriers that we use want the CID in different formats we do our best to automate that process however this isn't yet perfected. If you set caller ID or change it on our portal it's also a good idea to open a support ticket and let us know this way we'll make sure everything works smoothly and if there are problems we'll fix them without you having to worry about it.

Thanks!
Sam

Thanks for fixing this Sam. Also thanks azrobert for the tip.

gderf

Quote from: azrobert on April 09, 2014, 01:34:34 PM

The CallerID must be in the format 1xxxxxxxxxx

I received the same number when I set the Outbound CallerId to 10 digits.

I'm using 10 digits and it works fine.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

gderf

Has anyone tried changing their CID? I have done that but it seems to be still using the original number. I have rebooted my OBi which forces it to re-register with CircleNet.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

eclas

Just signed up for the 'free' trial with 2 bucks of credit. I'm currently waiting for the validation.
I have a couple of questions...
I'm using SP1 with another provider and I'd like to set up circlenet as a backup option on SP2. Is there any instructions out there to simplify setting that up?

Also, I'm in the USofA. what about getting inbound calls too since I'd be using it as a backup?

KAura

I have a 'very' close friend and ran the simulator
right after I signed up (1aaapppxxxx) and I'm
totally shocked with the results.

To get some of these rates, you would need to
purchase a plan and pay a set monthly fee with
a lot of the other carriers.

P.S. I'm talking about a rate of over 1100 minutes
talk time for my newly established account balance
of $2.  So far, so good!   :o

P.P.S. I was actually wondering about how easy,
or hard it would be to start my own voip biz...

Domain Registered: Mon May 30 16:47:07 GMT 2011,
however, total noobs, BUT they seem to be doing
things the right way so far...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29042024-General-CircleNet-LLC-announcement

nitzan

Quote from: KAura on April 13, 2014, 12:17:41 PM
P.P.S. I was actually wondering about how easy,
or hard it would be to start my own voip biz...
LOL. Too easy. Until you realize you have 3000 users averaging 30 cents profit a month so you can't even afford to pay your own salary...
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation
http://www.future-nine.com/

Sam_from_CircleNet

Yes when it comes to marketing we're noobs  :) I'll admit that we're really terrible at it.
That said we think we're good at providing outbound VOIP calling so come by and try us out.

Thanks,
Sam

LarryD

Sam - why do I have to sign up for an account to see your rates?  I would like to comparison shop.

Sam_from_CircleNet

CircleNet uses dozens of top tier providers to route your calls and as a result our pricing system is really complex, but this routing lets us provide you the best possible prices without using poor quality routes.

The simple answer to your question is that we have so many rates that we can't publish all of them all of the time, we currently have 153,212 different prices for different US destinations.

We do say under our "Hot Rates" tab "United States Most numbers under 0.005" but many are better than that rate. Our average price as of this very minutes to the US is .00389 per minute. That value will change as we add or remove the carriers.

Our accounts are free to setup and you can use our simulator to look up any rates you'd like.

Thanks!
Sam

russws

Quote from: eclas on April 09, 2014, 04:32:49 PM
Just signed up for the 'free' trial with 2 bucks of credit. I'm currently waiting for the validation.
I have a couple of questions...
I'm using SP1 with another provider and I'd like to set up circlenet as a backup option on SP2. Is there any instructions out there to simplify setting that up?

Also, I'm in the USofA. what about getting inbound calls too since I'd be using it as a backup?

I set up on SP2 using the client setup information here http://www.circlenet.us/drupal7/?q=comment/4#comment-4

The only thing else I had to do under Voice Services Parameters was change the X_ServProvProfile to "B"

MacOverAll

Sam, do you know when you'll be adding SSL to the account management site?
Right now customer site is not SSL, just http.  I tried manually setting https and I get a self-issued cert for wholesale.circlenet.us