News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_from_CircleNet

Interesting your the first person to ask me to be able to get the caller ID blocked, most people are trying to do the opposite. We don't support * codes right now but it's on the medium term development list. (Think Late May, early June).

What you can do in the meantime is remove the callerID from your user account portal, if you have trouble with this send in a ticket and we'll help you. All calls will show "Unknown Number" or a generic callerID that will very depending on the route the call takes.

Thanks,
Sam

voiper1

Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on April 27, 2014, 05:45:12 PM
Interesting your the first person to ask me to be able to get the caller ID blocked, most people are trying to do the opposite. We don't support * codes right now but it's on the medium term development list. (Think Late May, early June).

What you can do in the meantime is remove the callerID from your user account portal, if you have trouble with this send in a ticket and we'll help you. All calls will show "Unknown Number" or a generic callerID that will very depending on the route the call takes.

Thanks,
Sam

Thanks Sam. Ya I can clear out the number on the interface, good point!   I do on occasion use *67.  Adding that would be nice but just being able to change the name on the interface is rather cool.

Thanks.
:D

gderf

What happens if you just disable the CallerID number instead of clearing it out?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

voiper1

Quote from: gderf on April 27, 2014, 06:52:39 PM
What happens if you just disable the CallerID number instead of clearing it out?

If you disable on the interface, well before I added the caller ID it just showed the account number. 

gderf

With it disabled it sends a number in an non-existent area code: 643-620-9752.

voiper1

Quote from: gderf on April 27, 2014, 07:53:18 PM
With it disabled it sends a number in an non-existent area code: 643-620-9752.

For me without Caller ID added on the CircleNet interface, before I knew to add the Caller ID, it just showed the account number for my account when calling my cell phone.  For you it may have been different.  Just so everyone is clear.  I know because I tried to figure out the caller ID after i saw it showing my account number.  Hope that helps.  CallCentric/Circlenet is great.   ;)

Hildebrau

Sam,

How can we access our GV Voicemail from a phone connected to our Obi202 that is now set up to use CircleNet?   I have CircleNet set to send my GV # as my Outbound CID..  When I dial my GV #, it has bout 36 seconds of silence, then it rings, and then it is silent again.. it's quite odd.

Also, unrelated to CircleNet, but I am using Callcentric for inbound.. there's no way to get the Message Waiting Indicator to come across if I have a voicemail in the GV voicemail waiting for me, is there?

Thanks!

gderf

I have never been able to call my GV number from Circlenet or CWU when they have the outgoing CallerID set to the GV number. Disabling CallerID solves it, and yes, that's not exactly convenient.

Sam_from_CircleNet

This is a problem that we've encountered before, I *THINK* it's on Google's end when they receive a call with the same CallerID as the destination. What we will do in the near future (Around mid May) is add logic that suppresses the CallerID when you dial the same number that's on the Caller ID.

Thanks!
Sam

classpro

I just registered and got an account (think you). 

I don't see anywhere to put my Outbound Caller ID.  Where do I enter the phone number I want to spoof for my calls?

Also, is there a way to set up different voice gateways to use different outbound caller IDs?  It would be nice, for example, to spoof my work caller ID on work calls, and my home caller ID on home calls.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you to everyone who is helping on this forum.  I am just dealing with converting from GV, and there is a lot for me to learn.  Your help is invaluable.

voiper1

Quote from: classpro on April 29, 2014, 11:10:22 AM
I don't see anywhere to put my Outbound Caller ID.  Where do I enter the phone number I want to spoof for my calls?

I can tell you regarding this go to the CircleNet login and then go to 'Add Caller Id' on the left menu.  Then add it there.  All the other questions I am not sure.  I know Sam is programming more functionality in as he can.

Cheers...  ;)

Sam_from_CircleNet

Welcome aboard,

You can put your CallerID into the CallerID section of the user portal, whatever number you add in there is the number that your calls will appear to come from. I understand the wording on the interface is a little confusing and we're working on that one.

We can setup multiple SIP profiles here at CircleNet for your account and assign different callerIDs to them.  I think you could configure the Obi to use different SIP credentials for different voice gateways. To do this open a ticket with in our support system and include the numbers you'd like for CallerID and we'll build the SIP profiles.

And yeah the Obi forum does kick butt  ;D

classpro

It allows multiple caller IDs on that page (I thought it was for being able to log in).  Anyway, I'll just list one of them and see if it works.  Once it's working we can see about adding different profiles for different caller IDs.  It would be nice if we could figure out how to do that eventually.  Thanks.

Sam_from_CircleNet

FYI we here at CircleNet are aware of an issue with deleting callerIDs from the customer portal after they are entered. Were working on a fix and hope to have it in place on Saturday, if you have a stubborn CallerID on your account that refuses to delete please open a ticket and we will get it for you.
Sam

classpro

Circlenet stopped working when I assigned Callcentric to Sp1 and Sp2.  I initially set up callcentric on SP2 and had GV on SP1, and used the instructions from the beginning of this thread for setting up a Circlenet voice gateway.  I think Circlenet worked when I dialed out.  

Then I deleted GV from SP1 and replaced it with a second callcentric line for SP1.  So I now have two different callcentric numbers set up on SP1 and SP2, and both work.

However, Circlenet will not call out.  I want Circlenet to call out on all calls.

In the instructions, it says to use "AccessNumber:  sp2(outbound.circlenet.us)"
Does this "sp2" need to be changed so that circlenet will work with sp1 and sp2?

Is there something else that needs to be changed?  I'm using
Access Number:  sp2(outbound.circlenet.us)
Digimap:  (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)
AuthUserID: Username (not the secret number, right?  Same number as "Card")
Password:  same as web login password

Thanks.  I feel like I'm close to getting this working.

voiper1

Hi, well all I can offer is make sure if you have the Voice Gateway setup you do this:

Add to the beginning of the Phone Port OutboundCallRute:
{(Mvg1):vg1},

See my post referring to another post:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7614.msg50681#msg50681

;)

lhm.

voiper1

Calling a USA number from another state I checked the cost was between .00194 and .00867 cent per minute depending on the route and of course that is just my results.  Circlenet seems to do the job just fine.  A pay as you go, no monthly fee, making upgrades as fast as they can, and free incoming from CallCentric if you do that setup, that is a good deal and I am happy with it.

;)

classpro

{(Mvg1):vg1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Here is my outbound call route

classpro

{(Mvg1):vg1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Here is my outbound call route