News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

classpro,

First, I'll answer some questions. The Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number, so all combinations must be defined there. The number can be defined in another DigitMap and referenced like (Msp1). You cannot reference another DigitMap if it removes a prefix, because the OutboundCallRoute will not route the call properly with the prefix removed.

011xxxxxx.S3
x. matches 0 or more digits, so xxxxxx. is matching 5 or more digits. When you use x. you might get a 10 second pause before the number is routed. The S3 overrides the 10 second timer and uses 3 seconds.

SP1 and SP2 are inbound only. Correct?
If correct then you don't need a prefix for one VG. Which VG?
Which VG do you want 911 (Fire Dept) routed to?

azrobert

VG2 DigitMap
(<911:1yyyyyyyyyy>|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

VG3 DigitMap
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

PhonePort DigitMap
((Mvg2)|8(Mvg3)|................current rules.........)

PhonePort OutboundCallRoute
{(Mvg2):vg2},{(<8:>(Mvg3):vg3},

No prefix and 911 routed to VG2
8 prefix routed to VG3
I coded this a little differently than previous. I used the 8 prefix externally to the DigitMap. This way I could use the refer back to Mvg3 in the PhonePort DigitMap.

I don't know what VG1 is, so I left it off.

(Mpli) in the PhonePort DigitMap and {(Mpli):pli} point to the Primary Route (probably SP1). I don't know how these are defined and if they will cause problems. Since you are not using the Primary route for outbound, you can delete these .

voiper1

Quote from: classpro on May 02, 2014, 03:14:42 PM
I'm not that sensitive, and agree that it's quite difficult for someone who is new to programming the device.  We're all here to help each other get the most out of our device. 

I suspect there are a number of others in my situation that would benefit from a clear explanation, which I will post if I get it working.  I'm at the point where I understand what I don't understand, which is an improvement from where I started :-)

Yes you definitely suspect right. There are many looking for a free/easy outcome.  I can say I had GV on SP1, that was it.  So I followed the steps mentioned in all the posts for using a Voice Gateway 1.  I posted what I did, but I only have an OBI100, not very complicated compared to yours.  So it is not that tough up to this point.  Yours requires a bit more testing.  I setup Callcentric on SP1 and changing that out is fairly straight forward for any provider replacing GV on SP1 which is likely why most people are reading this.  I am sure your situation would be helpful to others, and maybe to all of us if we upgrade to a bigger OBi.  For now, I am happy with free incoming on SP1, and Circlenet for outgoing on VG1.  I was really wondering what I was going to do. Reading good and bad and spammers posting whatever.  I just wanted a solution and not tied into another plan like I used to be.  Why get an OBi if I want to pay again?  Anyhow, I am going to guess you only have one small issue that needs to change to get it to work with your 1 and 8 dialing.  Something in the expressions and forwarding.  I can't be of much help but if there is a will there is a way. 

Cheers..  :D 

Sam_from_CircleNet

CircleNet would like to invite the Obi users to check out our forum page. It's in "Beta" mode now and once we've ironed out the bugs it will go onto the main page. For security reasons the forum account database doesn't tie into our CircleNet user database so you would need to make a separate account on the forum system to post.

To try it out click here,
http://www.circlenet.us/drupal7/?q=forum

Please put any suggested forum categories into our suggestions box :-).

Also the bug which prevented users from deleting CallerID entries has now been fixed.

Thanks,
CircleNet

Sam_from_CircleNet

Circlenet has added a public rate simulator that DOES NOT require an account :-)

https://customer.circlenet.us/customer/rates.php

Please try it out, kick the tires and let us know what we can do to make it better.
Thanks
CircleNet

classpro

Azrobert:  Here is what I'm doing:

SP1:  My incoming line from  Callcentric (My google voice number forwards to this)

SP2:  Wife's incoming line from Callcentric (Wife's google voice number forwards to this)

VG1:  CircleNet Line 1 (spoofs wife's google voice number forwarded to SP1).  I want this to work without prefixes, since my wife is not going to want to deal with prefixes.  This is working right now for outgoing calling, and has the 911 to fire department (I tested this by using my cellphone for 911, and when it worked changed to the fire dept).

VG2:  Circlenet Line2 (spoofs my work number)  (I can use 8 or **1 prefix, whichever works best).  if I use "8", will it mess things up if I have a 7 digit number that starts with 8?

VG3:  Circlenet Line 3 (spoofs my GV number) (I can use 7 or ***2 prefix, whetever works best)

VG2 and VG3 do not work.  This is where I'm having problems.

So if I understand from your email, this is what I have to try:

1.  Copy plain digimap scripts for vg2 and vg3 (same as vg1 without 911).

2.  PhonePort DigitMap
((Mvg1)|8(Mvg2)|7(Mvg3)|................current rules.........)

3.  PhonePort OutboundCallRoute
{(Mvg1):vg1},{(<8:>(Mvg2):vg2},{(<7:>(Mvg3):vg3},current rules

4.  Maybe delete (Mpli) and {(Mpli):pli} from phone port digimap if it doesn't work.

Is this right? 

If it's going to mess up with 7 digit numbers starting with 8 or 7, or 10 digit numbers starting with 8 or 7, would it be better to use something that starts with * (and does it have to be **1 or could it be *1 and *2)?

classpro

Voiper1:  You said "I posted what I did, but I only have an OBI100, not very complicated compared to yours.  So it is not that tough up to this point.  Yours requires a bit more testing."
[/quote]

I also have an OBI100.  Only difference between us is that I've programmed it for two different incoming virtual lines so my wife and I can have different google voice numbers with different rings.  That way I don't answer her calls and she doesn't answer mine.  What I'm  attempting to do is spoof different caller ids so it doesn't look like my wife's number is calling. 

vtsnaab

Thanks Sam, and...:
Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on May 03, 2014, 02:30:19 PM
Circlenet has added a public rate simulator that DOES NOT require an account :-)
https://customer.circlenet.us/customer/rates.php
Please try it out, kick the tires and let us know what we can do to make it better.
Thanks
CircleNet
Just tried it with a US # both as xxx-xxx-xxxx and xxxxxxxxxx, and all I could get was=>
"The number, you have entered, is not correct!  "

Please help ??

Thanks.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Make sure to add the 1, without it the simulator may take the first digits as a country code so
15405551212 would be 1-540-555-1212.

Thanks!
Sam

dial.tone

My wife's calls to her mother three states away keep getting dropped (disconnected), sometimes after just a couple of minutes.  It only happens when my wife makes the call -- when her mother calls back, which she has learned to do, the calls don't get dropped.  They don't know why and I'm not going to try to explain the CallCentric-in/CircleNet-out thing.  I just need to figure out how to make it stop happening.  The access number I am using is below:
    Voice    Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway1
    AccessNumber:   sp1(outbound.circlenet.us)
Should I change it to sp1(east.circlenet.us) or sp1(west.circlenet.us) -- or is there some other solution?  Thoughts/ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Dial.tone,
Open a ticket with us and include the number that is being dropped, we would be happy to look into it.
Sam

voiper1

Quote from: classpro on May 03, 2014, 06:03:47 PM
Voiper1:  You said "I posted what I did, but I only have an OBI100, not very complicated compared to yours.  So it is not that tough up to this point.  Yours requires a bit more testing."
I also have an OBI100.  Only difference between us is that I've programmed it for two different incoming virtual lines so my wife and I can have different google voice numbers with different rings.  That way I don't answer her calls and she doesn't answer mine.  What I'm  attempting to do is spoof different caller ids so it doesn't look like my wife's number is calling.  

oh ok.  I am pretty sure the Voice Gateways are the only way to go.  You can spoof in CN's interface, but I am not able to use Caller ID from the OBI.  I can't help a lot as to making it work, but I do see if you want to spoof 2 lines going out of VGx then you may need 2 accounts with Circlenet.  One will spoof the Caller Id for her, and one for you.  You can't change the Caller ID in the OBI and have it spoof there.  Well, I changed it and it did not. I had to change it in the CN interface.  I don't think it would hurt you much to have 2 accounts with CN, but you can ask Sam if anyway to do it otherwise.  If I understand you right.  But first you need to get the 8 and 7 or whatever you choose to prefix working.  I am just thinking out loud, I don't have the knowledge azrobert does.  Maybe I am way off.. not sure.

Cheers.   :)

Sam_from_CircleNet

Classpro if you'd like I can make 2 sip profiles on the same account, that might be simpler to manage then two separate accounts with different balances.
Sam

vtsnaab

OK:
Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on May 03, 2014, 06:30:08 PM
Make sure to add the 1, without it the simulator may take the first digits as a country code so
15405551212 would be 1-540-555-1212.

I just tried what you described and must clarify by saying your simulator requires all 11 digits with NO dashes - then it works wonderfully - like so with the generous credit you've provided:

Simulator found a rate for your destination
CircleNets current rate is:
DESTINATION :#1
CallTime available    1904:45 Minutes
Destination    USA
Cost per minute    0.00105

Thank You Sam - you folks are offering great value and it is VERY appreciated !!!

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hello vtsnaab,
That is really weird can you PM me the number.
Sam

vtsnaab

Sorry to have alarmed you Sam - I did just correct my posting after a 2nd try...it's all good now !!!

Thanks.

Sam_from_CircleNet

NP,
Not alarmed but I'm always a little nervous with new code and this is new code. Glad it is working for you now and have a great evening.
Sam

azrobert

Quote from: classpro on May 03, 2014, 05:49:52 PM
If it's going to mess up with 7 digit numbers starting with 8 or 7, or 10 digit numbers starting with 8 or 7, would it be better to use something that starts with * (and does it have to be **1 or could it be *1 and *2)?

The setup you have should work. Make all the DigitMaps (Primary line/Msp1, Mvg1, Mvg2 and Mvg3) the same except the 911 rule for Mvg1.

I use a single digit prefix to route calls and I don't have a problem.

This is how you can get in trouble with a single digit prefix.
Accidently dial 2 extra digits (not very likely).
When dialing a 10 digit number starting with 7 or 8 you pause for 2 seconds or more after the 8th digit. The call will go out as a 7 digit call. If you dial 11 digits this can't happen.

My phones are the type where you dial the number then hit Talk/Send, so it's very hard to make a mistake. The call is dialed after hitting Talk and there are no pauses between digits. If you feel uncomfortable just change the prefixes to anything you want.

voiper1

Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on May 03, 2014, 07:59:31 PM
Classpro if you'd like I can make 2 sip profiles on the same account, that might be simpler to manage then two separate accounts with different balances.
Sam

Sam, that was the answer I knew only you could give. Seems a great option.

Cheers...   :)

classpro

Azrobert: 

Still does not work.  Works fine with no prefix, but get fast dial with 7 or 8 prefix.

Here are my digimaps:

Phone Port digimap

((Mvg1)|8(Mvg2)|7(Mvg3)|[1-9]x?*|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|)

OutboundCallRoute

{(Mvg1):vg1},{(<8:>(Mvg2):vg2},{(<7:>(Mvg3):vg3},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

Also, I have the phone port enabled box checked, and the default unchecked.