News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

Try this:

Phone Port digimap

((Mvg1)|8(Mvg2)|7(Mvg3)|[1-9]x?*|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp))

OutboundCallRoute

{(Mvg1):vg1},{(<8:>(Mvg2)):vg2},{(<7:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

You had an extra vertical bar at the end of the DigitMap.

I had a missing parenthesis after the Mvg2 and Mvg3 in the outbound route.
I tried this config on my OBi and it worked.
Sorry for the screw ups.

zorlac

azrobert,
Is there understandable documentation on the syntax for constructing those strings somewhere so that maybe I could learn how to fish instead of having to ask you for a fish?  ;)

I'll be doing a different CC DID on SP1 with CN on the outbound calls when I drop GV and it would be nice to have an inkling of what I'm doing.  ???
Thanks

azrobert

The OBi user manual is just for syntax and not much help.

A long time ago I posted how I code. It includes more than the standard routing and might be confusing. I will update it and repost. We are going out soon and I don't have time now and will do it later tonight.

classpro

Well, I entered everything with great expectations, but again the 7 and 8 prefixes didn't work.  I noticed that the call strings were missing a "(" at the beginning.  I added the bracket and bam, it works!.  Thanks to Azrobert for figuring the programming.

Here is what you have to do to use Circlenet with subaccounts for spoofing different caller ID numbers:

(1) Get a CircleNet account for your main number which will work without a prefix.  I set it up to spoof my wife's google voice number.

(2) Send Circlenet a support ticket to set up linked sub accounts for additional spoofing numbers (I used my google voice number and my work number)

(3) When you get your new Circlenet sub accounts, program your OBI as follows:

Voice Services – Gateways and Trunks Groups

Voice Gateway 1 (for number to be spoofed without prefix)
Uncheck all defaults on right
Check Enable Value
Access Number:  sp2(outbound.circlenet.us)
DigitMap:  (<911:YYYYYYYYYYY>|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

[SUBSTITUTE YOUR FIRE OR POLICE PHONE NUMBER FOR YYYYYYYYYYY]

AuthUserID:  Your Circlenet ID (Listed as "CARD NUMBER" ONLINE)
AuthPassword:  Your Circlenet Password

Voice Gateway 2 (for number to be spoofed when dial "8" prefix)
Check Enable Value
DigitMap:  (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)
AuthUserID:  Your Circlenet ID for sub account
AuthPassword:  Your CircleNet Password (your CircleNet password for sub account)

Voice Gateway 3 (for number to be spoofed when dial "7" prefix)
Check Enable Value
DigitMap:  (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)
AuthUserID:  Your Circlenet ID for sub account
AuthPassword:  Your CircleNet Password (your CircleNet password for sub account)
Go to bottom of screen and hit "SUBMIT."

PHYSICAL INTERFACE – PHONE PORT
Check ENABLE VALUE
DigitMap:  ((Mvg1)|8(Mvg2)|7(Mvg3)|[1-9]x?*|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp))

OutboundCallRoute:  {(Mvg1):vg1},{(<8:>(Mvg2)):vg2},{(<7:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

Primary Line:  Sp2 Service

Go to bottom of page and hit "SUBMIT", then top of page and hit "REBOOT"

GIVE IT 2 MINUTES TO REBOOT AND THEN TEST

Note 1:  You should copy and paste the scripts because any typo can cause it not to work.

Note 2:  This is not real e911 service because the police/fire will not know where you're calling from, but it's better than nothing.  Use cellphone if you won't have time to give location.

voiper1

That is great.  Very glad it works.  What a success!   :)

azrobert

zorlac,

Here is the coding guide. Let me know if this is helpful or totally useless.

First, you must understand the process. Here is what happens after a number is dialed.

The Phone DigitMap validates the number dialed.
The dialed number can be modified.
If the number is validated (matches a rule) it's passed to the Phone OutboundCallRoute.

The Phone OutboundCallRoute determines the trunk and routes the call.
The dialed number can be modified.

The trunk DigitMaps do nothing by themselves. You use them to organize the rules and they are only relevant when referred to by the Phone DigitMap or Phone OutboundCallRoute.

Decide how you're going to route calls to each trunk.
Here's what I'm trying to accomplish in this guide for an OBi110:

SP1 - 7, 10 or 11 digits numbers. Add local area code to 7 digits.
SP2 - 10 digits numbers with prefix "2".  International calls.
VG1 - 10 digits numbers with prefix "8".  10 digit International calls for country code 44.
VG2 - 11 digit 1-800 numbers.  
LIne - 7 and 10 digit numbers with prefix 9. Skip adding country code for area code "602". 911 and "#" for dial tone on PSTN line.

If a dialed number is unique, a prefix is not needed.

Then code each trunk DigitMap according to your requirements.

ITSP A DigitMap
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx)
aaa = Your local area code

ITSP B DigitMap
(<2:1>xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Voice Gateway1 DigitMap
(<8:1>xxxxxxxxxx|01144xxxxxxxxxx)

Voice Gateway2 DigitMap
(18(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx)

Line DigitMap
(<9:>602xxxxxxx|(<9:1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<9:>xxxxxxx|911|<#:>)

Next, code the Phone DigitMap to validate dialed numbers for all trunks:
([1-9]|[1-9]x|1?xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxx|011xx.S3|(2|8|9)xxxxxxxxxx|9xxxxxxx|911S9|#|***|222222222)

[1-9] and [1-9]x  validates speed dials
1?[2-9]xxxxxxxxx validates 10 and 11 digit numbers, including 800 numbers
xxxxxxx  validates 7 digit numbers
011xx.S3 validates all international calls
(2|8|9)xxxxxxxxxx  validates 10 digit numbers for SP2, VG1 and Line
911S9 for 911
# for dial tone on PSTN line.
*** for Auto Attendant #2
222222222 for Echo test

I removed all unused rules.
I don't modify the dialed number in the Phone Port DigitMap.
I don't use refer backs.

Now, code the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute using refer backs to the trunk DigitMaps.
The first trunk DigitMap that matches the dialed number will route the call out the specified trunk.
{(Mvg1):vg1},{(Mvg2):vg2},{(Msp1):sp1},{(Msp2):sp2},{(Mli):li},{(Mpp):pp},{***:aa2}

Processing moves left to right. VG2 must be placed before SP1.  If it wasn't, all 1-800 numbers would be routed out SP1. Same for VG1 and SP2. If not, country code 44 would be routed out SP2. It doesn't matter the sequence of the other rules. I removed all unused code.

If you don't want to use single digit prefixes, just change them to anything you want.

That's it.

Shale

giqcass

Quote from: Shale on May 05, 2014, 07:09:55 PM
Quote from: classpro on May 04, 2014, 01:56:06 PM
What part does sp2 play in this?

You will need to specify a SP provider slot that is configured for SIP OR the Obi will assume you meant to use the primary default SP.  That would be fine as long as the default sp is a SIP provider.  I should have mentioned that in the other thread.  I didn't explicitly declare the SP on my set up and it worked but that can cause issues.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Shale

Quote from: giqcass on May 05, 2014, 07:23:44 PM
You will need to specify a SP provider slot that is configured for SIP OR the Obi will assume you meant to use the primary default SP.  That would be fine as long as the default sp is a SIP provider.

That helped... still have a problem, but the problem moved along to the next one. That's progress. My default was GV, and when I tried putting in an SP, I chose the GV SP.

I am guessing that the protocol is the only thing that SP3(...) bit controls.
Thanks.

zorlac

Quote from: azrobert on May 05, 2014, 03:32:46 PM
zorlac,
Here is the coding guide. Let me know if this is helpful or totally useless.
That's it.
Thanks, I guess it's just a matter of trial & error to a point.  :-\  :o

azrobert

zorlac,

When you're ready to reconfigure your OBi, I can walk you through the steps. You don't have to change the whole configuration like I did in the guide, but you should take it one step at a time. 1st you should make a list of the new requirements, then you can post what you think needs to be changed. I can tell you if you're correct or not and why.   

ToddAllen

While working on the reconfiguration of my OBI from GV to CircleNet I made the mistake of calling a toll free number as a test without first going online to check the rate simulator.  I kind of assumed that toll free numbers would be free or at least no more expensive then the test call to my GV # which was a fraction of a cent per minute.

But the toll free number I called 1800weather and the couple other toll free #s I checked afterwards in the rate simulator all bill out at $0.535/minute!  I'm not too upset as I only called for 1.5 minutes and didn't even use up my free $2 credit yet, but wanted to warn everyone that calling toll free numbers from circlenet could be very expensive!

It does make me much less excited about circlenet though as now I'll need to be paranoid and check each number before I call it since the rates can vary so wildly.  Toll free numbers appear to be about 100X as expensive to call as normal numbers.  Imagine another number 100X as expensive as a toll free one and it gets ugly super fast.

Shale

Quote from: ToddAllen on May 06, 2014, 09:22:59 PM

But the toll free number I called 1800weather and the couple other toll free #s I checked afterwards in the rate simulator all bill out at $0.535/minute! 

That is really crazy. I wondered if you had entered it wrong, but I duplicated your finding. https://customer.circlenet.us/customer/rates.php?called=18009328437

Thanks for the heads up. I had tried  800 numbers on the back of two credit cards and got $0.000 both.

giqcass

If that is the case I recommend setting 800 calls to go through another provider.  

Like in this thread
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5764.0#3255738912883429860
or
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2357.0
or
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1466.0

Perhaps Sam can chime in on this.  It seems odd.

Long live our new ObiLords!

swg0101

Same issue - 800 numbers used to free. But I noticed that this problem seems to crop up whenever they are changing their routing (or they don't have a route available so they charge you the highest available rate).
You can see by punching a 900 number in there that it gives you the same result...

Sam_from_CircleNet

YIPES a 1800 should be free with our service, this rate was the result of an error on our part that happened last night.

Anyone who was billed for 1800 calls will be refunded ASAP!!!! Tollfree is toll free and there should be no charge for it on our service.

CircleNet
Sam

UPDATE: We found the cause, it was our fault. We removed some routes last night while attempting to help a customer troubleshoot an issue. In the process we caused toll free numbers to be billed at a fall-through rate. Because it's our mistake we're giving anyone effected a 200% refund for any calls made to 1800 numbers that were billed. The refunds have been sent and I've reach out to each affected customer.

Again sorry guys, it was our mistake and we'll fix it.
Sam

swg0101

Hi Sam.
Thanks for the service. I have been using this for the last couple days and had some feedback / comments.

1. It appears that you are proxying media via your Asterisk backends. While the quality of the calls haven't been impacted too much, there were some noticeable differences when I am using my wholesale VoIP provider which connects directly with the backend carriers. Have you considered using directrtpsetup on Asterisk for this purpose? Probably would be useful since it saves both latency and bandwidth...

2. Can you let me know how the calls are actually routed? Using the simulator for 1415668xxxx, I see the lowest rate is 0.00360. However, the third route is 0.00867, which is more than 2x the cost of the lowest cost route. I suppose this is based on the lowest cost failover model, although I am curious whether the user can choose what routes they want to use / block based on their needs, and how often the lowest cost carrier complete its calls.

3. How do you bill for your calls (seconds minimum / increments) wise?

4. Is there a list of carriers you currently have partnerships with (or see what carrier is used with which route)? Is LANCK Telecom and IDT Express part of that list? I am curious since we call China quite a bit and their termination rates are quite low (priced via Anveo Direct) - China Mobile: $0.00352; China Landline: $0.00386. I believe the simulator shows rates that are closer to 0.01/min (which is similar to many other termination providers).

Thanks!

Sam_from_CircleNet

swg0101,
I appreciate the feedback! We aren't perfect but we do want to be the best that we can be and customer feedback is one of the ways we learn. I'm betting based on your questions you have a good understanding of how the back end works :-).

1. We've considered it but we have a lot of customers behind odd network arrangements that are basically permit only firewalls. These customers don't do well without the UDP coming from IPs that they don't expect. Also we do some internal call routing that we think might help us in the future lower costs to non-us numbers. (Not going to let the cat out of the bag on what our plan is here).

2. Please pm me with the number your interested in, I'm wondering why the simulator is returning you more than one route and I'd like to investigate this.

3. It depends on the underlying carrier, in the us it's either 1/1 or 6/6 but to mexico it's 60 and to some UK premium numbers its 60.

4. I have NDAs with lots of our carriers and won't discuss them, I can tell you that we terminate traffic onto Earthlink, ATT, Verizon, Comcast, Level3, 360 networks and many others.

I'm not the cheapest provider to China it really hasn't been high on our list of destinations.
Our China traffic goes directly from our California pop to China Telecom. I don't have a direct agreement with China Telecom but that is the call routing we get from a provider who does have the agreement. I would suggest sending China bound calls to west.circlenet.us.

One other VERY important note here about using our service in China. Many of our customer portal pages are unavailable in large parts of China this is partly our doing and partly on the other end. The firewall rules on our side were put in place after some abuse/hacking reports were ignored and we've noticed that some of our IPs are blocked from a number of Chinese destinations at the remote end and we don't know why.

Sam

*UPDATE* I see the issue with multiple pricing in the simulator it is now corrected. The simulator should now display only one price and that is what will be billed. Thanks for the heads up.

Sam

ToddAllen

Wow!  That was a fast fix.  I apologize for not even considering the possibility that expensive 800 numbers were just a billing error.  I've had a couple bad experiences with other phone companies that left me cynically assuming the worst and Circlenet otherwise seemed almost too good to be true.

Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on May 07, 2014, 01:08:20 AM
YIPES a 1800 should be free with our service, this rate was the result of an error on our part that happened last night.

Anyone who was billed for 1800 calls will be refunded ASAP!!!! Tollfree is toll free and there should be no charge for it on our service.

CircleNet
Sam

UPDATE: We found the cause, it was our fault. We removed some routes last night while attempting to help a customer troubleshoot an issue. In the process we caused toll free numbers to be billed at a fall-through rate. Because it's our mistake we're giving anyone effected a 200% refund for any calls made to 1800 numbers that were billed. The refunds have been sent and I've reach out to each affected customer.

Again sorry guys, it was our mistake and we'll fix it.
Sam

KAura

Double your money back on our mistake...
like you said, it's not a lot of money,

but I've been nothing but impressed so far.

And I, too, had noticed the 3 routes... was
also wondering what advantage the more
expensive routes might have -- never mind ;)