Quote from: SteveInWA on January 16, 2017, 01:49:14 PM
Will you simply follow these instructions? If not, I'm done. If so, then:
- Log onto your OBiTALK web portal page.
- Delete the OBi off of the page.
- Wait a few minutes for the OBi to finish resetting. Then, unplug the Ethernet cable and the power cable, leaving the telephone cord plugged in.
- Plug in only the power cable, not the Ethernet cable, and wait for the OBi to finish booting up.
- Pick up the phone attached to the OBi and key in ***8 and then 1 to confirm resetting it to factory defaults. Wait a good 5 minutes for it to do that.
- Pull the power plug. Plug in the Ethernet cable. Plug in the power plug again, and wait for it to boot up.
- Pick up the phone and key in ***1 and confirm that your OBi obtained an IP address, in either the 168. range or the 10. range.
- The OBi should now have a dial tone and an IP address. Key in **9 222 222 222. Does it reach the OBiTALK echo test? If not, stop here and report exactly what happened.
OK, I followed the instructions, but differed from the step after the "***8 and then 1" as I have the WiFi adapter installed, and the instructions never said to remove it. (Not a criticism just a FYI, as the help is GREATLY appreciated!!!)
I then managed to get the WiFi reset to connect to my network, the interesting thing is the card says " http://192.168.10.1/
" but if you really want to connect you have to enter " http://192.168.10.1/wifi
" which took me about 10 minutes to find that.
But, I was back to following the instructions. I dialed the ***1, and got an IP address.
The strange thing is the next step, for the echo test, I dialed it correctly, and sometimes would get a busy signal, and sometime it wouldn't connect at all. I must have tried a dozen times, with about a 50-50 chance of connecting with a busy signal or no connection.
So, as the instructions stated, I have stopped any attempt to try anything else, and will wait until I hear an update to the next proper step.
Thanks for all the help.