Here is a more recent AA prompts step by step, found here:
Update for OBi100 & OBi110 (October 6, 2011) http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0
List of the 8 prompts that are replaceable with a user derived recording:
- Welcome (to OBi Attendant) (optional)
- Main Menu (optional)
- Selection Menu – Press 1 to ..., Press 2 to ...
- Enter PIN (optional if PIN not used)
- Invalid PIN (optional if PIN not used)
- Enter Number (followed by the # key)
- Please Wait (while your call is being connected)
- Goodbye (optional)
- Other Post Dialing Announcements, following SIT tone, are not replaceable. Prompts can be recorded using the handset attached to the OBi PHONE port.
Prompts will take effect after a reboot (automatically when hang up).
The OBi web page has a buttons for the backup and restoration the AA prompts.
Q. How do I to record user prompts on my OBi device?
A. There are 10 slots for User Recordable Prompts
- The maximum length for each user prompt is 60s
- Total space available for all user prompts is 122s
- User Prompts are referenced in AA Prompts configuration with the notations %USER1%, %USER2%, ... %USER10%- Prompts are recorded via PHONE Port IVR main menu 0 (that is, dial * * * 0), and enter option 1001#
for %USER1% prompt, 1002# for %USER2% prompt, and so on, up to 1010#.
When you are prompted to enter "value" when recording prompt, press any digit 0-9 to start recording. When you're done, press #
o Tips: Leave at least 1s of space at the end before hitting # to avoid the ending being truncated.
o Afterwards, you can review your recording, and save it permanently if you are satisfied with it. Otherwise you can record again
o After you have saved a recorded prompt, you can proceed to record a different one. When you hang up, the OBi device will reboot automatically so that the new prompts can take effect
- Each user prompt has two status parameters shown at the top under the Auto Attendant page:
o Description – A short text description of what to the prompt contains; limited to 80 characters. User can edit the description on the device web page. The description is stored as part of the prompt data and can be backed up and restored along with the prompt data. After you have recorded one more new prompts, you should go to this page to modify the descriptions and save them with the new prompts
o Length – The duration of the prompt in milliseconds
o The page also shows (at the bottom of the section) how much total space has been used and total available space remaining
Q. How do I use the recorded prompts for my OBi device's AA1 - Auto Attendant 1?
A. AA1 has the following programmable prompt parameters with default factory provided contents:
o Welcome – Default = "Welcome to OBi Attendant"
o MenuTitle – Default = "Main Menu"
o Menu – Default = "Press 1 to continue this call, Press 2 to make a new call, Press 3 to enter a callback number", repeated 3 times
o EnterNumber – Default = "Enter number followed by # key"
o EnterPin – Default = "Enter PIN"
o InvalidPin – Default = "Invalid PIN"
o PleaseWait – Default = "Please wait while your call is being connected"
o Bye – Default = "Thank you for choosing OBiHAI. Goodbye"
- The default contents are played if the prompt parameter is blank
- To play your own recorded prompts, you enter one or more user prompts (separated by comma), such as: %USER1%, %USER2%. OBi will play the user prompts one by one in the order the user prompts are listed in the parameter
- Each user prompt in the list takes an optional "r=[start][-end]" parameter to specify the range of the recorded prompt to play; unit is in milliseconds. For example:
o %USER3%;r=1000 (starts playing at the 1000 ms mark to the end)
o %USER5%;r=-2500 (starts from beginning to the 2500 ms mark)
o %USER6%;r=1300-3720 (starts from the 1300 ms mark to the 3720 ms mark)
o %USER5%;r=3200-1200 (does not play anything since end < start)
- To insert additional silence period while playing the prompts, you can add one more "&pause(<length>)" where length is the duration of the pause in seconds. For example:
Q. How do I share my AA prompts with others?
A. You can backup your recorded prompts as a single file and restore it on any other OBi running version 1.3 or later release:
- To backup the recorded prompts from the device web page:
o Device Web page – System Management – Device Update - Backup AA User Prompts
o Click Backup to save to your PC
- To restore the saved prompt file back to an OBi (v1.3), do it the same way as if you are upgrading the OBi firmware from the device browser and provide the path to the prompt backup file. The OBi can tell from the file header that you are trying to update the user prompts. WARNING: All the existing user prompts will be overwritten by the restored file, even if it does not include all the prompts. There is no "merge" function at the moment when restoring a prompt file.