News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

First, check my Reply#64 in this thread about provisioning.

The inbound call route is where you direct calls to phone1 or phone2.

Voice Services -> SP1/2/3/4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph
or
ph2

If you have more than 1 rule, they must be enclosed in brackets:

{ph}
or
{ph2}

dial.tone

Quote from: azrobert on April 22, 2014, 06:27:21 AM
First, check my Reply#64 in this thread about provisioning.

The first thing the Callcentric website tells you to do in setting up the Obi202 is to disable ITSP and ObiTalk provisioning, so I'm good there.

Quote from: azrobert on April 22, 2014, 06:27:21 AM
The inbound call route is where you direct calls to phone1 or phone2.

Voice Services -> SP1/2/3/4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph
or
ph2

If you have more than 1 rule, they must be enclosed in brackets:

{ph}
or
{ph2}

I checked and the default X_InboundCallRoute setting for SP2, SP3, and SP4 is "ph,ph2" (without the quotes), so that is good, too.  However, I didn't see anything for X_OutboundCallRoute; did I miss it?

dial.tone

Quote from: dial.tone on April 22, 2014, 06:24:44 AM
Ok, I just went into the web portal and used the configuration guides provided on the Callcentric and Circlenet websites to configure CC on SP3 and CN on SP4.  After the reboot, here is what I got on the status page:
    "Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized (server=199.30.56.194:5060; retry in 118s)"

Now that I think about it, in the nearly two years I've owned my Obi202, I've never used or otherwise tested SP3 or SP4, so I have no way of knowing if those channels (or circuits or whatever term is appropriate) even work or not.  This simple test seems to indicate they might not.  I've always used SP1 (via SimonTelephonics/GV) for my main home phone and SP2 (via GV) for my fax line.  When my SP3/SP4 setup attempts (using the ObiTalk wizard) failed before, I latched-onto the idea of using the Voice Gateway method to keep the fax line (incoming and outgoing) on SP2.  My thinking was that, if I could get that to work, I would set up my main home phone the same way on SP1.  Is there any way my SimonTelephonics/GV setup on SP1 could be interfering with my ability to make SP3/SP4 work?  There shouldn't be, since SP2 works.  That is, SP2 works for outbound calls if I configure it (via the web portal) with my Circlenet account settings; and it works for incoming calls if I set it up with my Callcentric settings.  I really don't know any other way to test SP3/SP4 (other than setting them up as I did and getting the "Register Failed" notice. 

azrobert

"ph,ph2" will ring both Phone Ports. I think you want ph or ph2.

The OutboundCallRoute is found in Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port 1/2

The error you're getting indicates the provider doesn't like the UserID and/or Password.
Are both SP3 and SP4 failing to register?

dial.tone

Quote from: azrobert on April 22, 2014, 11:28:51 AM
"ph,ph2" will ring both Phone Ports. I think you want ph or ph2.

The OutboundCallRoute is found in Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port 1/2

The error you're getting indicates the provider doesn't like the UserID and/or Password.
Are both SP3 and SP4 failing to register?

I double-checked the UserID and Password for both accounts and they are correct.  I changed the X_InboundCallRoute on SP3 to ph2.  Under Physical Interfaces>Phone2 Port>OutboundCallRoute is the following long string: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph1},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}  so I left it alone.  However, I noticed that also on that page is a parameter for PrimaryLine, which was default-set to SP1, so I changed it to SP3.  Reboot produced. . ."Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized (server=199.30.56.194:5060; retry in 24s)" for both SP3 and SP4.  I will clear out all SP3 and SP4 settings back to their default values and redo the Callcentric and Circlenet setups on SP2, one at a time (Callcentric for inbound calls and Circlenet for outbound calls), just to verify to myself and the world that they (and I) work and post back.  In the mean time, and I know this may be asking a lot, could somebody please post a step-by-step, beginning-to-end configuration guide for using the Voice Gateway method for SP2/Phone2 with Callcentric-in and Circlenet-out with copy/paste examples that can't easily be mistaken -- an example that is designed to be implemented today, not after May 15th?  I've had additional eyes check my work and we can't find what is wrong with my Voice Gateway setup.

azrobert

Please check the following settings:
Service Providers -> SP3 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: C
Service Providers -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D

Next, you have a misunderstanding of Voice Gateways.  Voice Gateways cannot register to a provider, therefore they can't be used for inbound calls. They can only be used for outbound calls when the provider allows calls without registration. CircleNet allows calls without registration, so it can be setup on a VG and I would recommend it be setup on a VG. Callcentric for inbound will have to be setup on a SPx trunk.

If GV is setup on SP2, then SP2 cannot be shared with a VG.  VGs use the SIP protocol and GV uses XMPP. A VG must use a SPx trunk defined as SIP. Simon uses SIP, so you can share SP1 with a VG.

See my reply#60 in this thread to setup Circlenet on a VG. Use sp1(outbound.circlenet.us) and not SP2.

dial.tone

Quote from: dial.tone on April 22, 2014, 12:19:45 PM
I will clear out all SP3 and SP4 settings back to their default values and redo the Callcentric and Circlenet setups on SP2, one at a time (Callcentric for inbound calls and Circlenet for outbound calls), just to verify to myself and the world that they (and I) work and post back. 

Uh-oh, I just cleared SP3, SP4, ITSP C, and ITSP D back to their default settings and reconfigured SP2/ITSP B to receive calls via Callcentric and got the same error I had been getting on SP3 and SP4 [Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized (server=199.30.56.194:5060; retry in 117s)].  Same thing when I set it up to make outbound calls via Circlenet.  Before, I had not problem getting Callcentric/Circlenet to work, individually, on SP2.  I'm going to ask both providers to look at my accounts and see if they have been locked or something.  If not, I'm at a loss.

azrobert

See my previous post.

SP2 must be
Service Providers -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

gderf

Quote from: dudly on April 22, 2014, 03:31:36 PM
After reading this thread my head is spinning.

Configuring an SP slot using the OBITALK webpage portal is trivial.

Setting up a Voice Gateway is non-trivial in comparison.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

dial.tone

Quote from: azrobert on April 22, 2014, 02:41:51 PM
See my previous post.

SP2 must be
Service Providers -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

azrobert, that must be the piece I have been missing.  When I sent CallCentric some screenshots to help troubleshoot my "Register Failed" condition, here is what they said: "If you are using Profile B on SP2 then on your SP2 Service configuration page you need to make the following change:
X_ServProvProfile: B"
Same as you were saying, I just couldn't see it.  When I made that change, SP2 registered with my Callcentric account.  Now to go back into the Voice Gateway settings and see if I can get Circlenet configured to call out.

dial.tone

It looks like I finally put all the pieces together in the right order and my Obi is working the way I wanted it to work -- Callcentric-in/Circlenet-out on SP2 ringing line 2.  I don't think there is anything I had to do that azrobert didn't recommend, it just took me awhile to get it.  Do I understand it all?  Nope.  But I understand more than I did when I started.  Hopefully, I'll be successfully testing the fax capability on line 2 today and setting up line 1 the same way for voice.  Thanks to everyone for contributing to a great forum.

azrobert

FAX using GV XMPP works perfectly, but before XMPP faxing for me was inconsistent.

I recently did some limited testing sending 1 page faxes using CircleNet.
I was successful using this technique:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6625.msg41922#msg41922
I did not try without the Star Code.

Dial like this:

Comma on my fax is a pause.

If you have problems receiving faxes, putting a cheap DSL filter between the OBi and FAX helped me before XMPP.
http://www.amazon.com/2WIRE-FILTER-TELEPHONE-ANALOG-MODEMS/dp/B000U37AZU/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1398268272&sr=1-5&keywords=dsl+filter

Sam_from_CircleNet

I've been absent from here for a while but I wanted to chime in about faxes on our service. At CircleNet we do our best to make sure that all US routes support T.38 and we only do G711 inside our network and with our peers wherever possible, this is as much as we can do to make sure faxes complete.

VOIP isn't ideal for faxing and your results may vary I have some customers that say it works well and I've heard horror stories. That said if you are using our service and you do have trouble faxing please open a ticket, we can't promise we can solve your particular fax problem but we'll try.

I think that in a lot of cases features on the device such as jitter buffers and comfort noise generation could be problems and dialing * codes as suggested by azrobert or changing system settings might help.

Sam

zorlac

"my Obi is working the way I wanted it to work -- Callcentric-in/Circlenet-out on SP2 ringing line 2.  I don't think there is anything I had to do that azrobert didn't recommend, it just took me awhile to get it."

Exactly the same here!!
Thanks azrobert, you da man!

Now I just need to figure out a plan for SP1 on the wife's line.
Unfortunately there is quite a pregnant pause (before it starts ringing) dialing out on SP2 via Circlenet & that won't fly for the wife.
FWIW, Circlenet's rates are about 1/10 of what I was paying/min on a Verizon POTS line!

azrobert

Quote from: zorlac on April 23, 2014, 07:46:54 PM
Now I just need to figure out a plan for SP1 on the wife's line.
Unfortunately there is quite a pregnant pause (before it starts ringing) dialing out on SP2 via Circlenet & that won't fly for the wife.

See my comments here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7742.msg50188#msg50188

And my next post in the same thread on international calls.

Sam,
I should be on your payroll with all the work I'm doing here. LOL

Sam_from_CircleNet

azrobert,
Yes you are doing this community and me a service and we here at CircleNet are happy about that!  We are a supper tiny company and our resources are limited. This forum does allow us to stretch them to provide service to users that wouldn't otherwise be able to get their devices to work in the ways they want to. It's hard to put a value on good user community involvement but Obi's got it. :-)

zorlac,
We're aware of the pause and it is something that we do want to address. There are lots of issues causing this and I'm not sure that it will get better before the 15th of May but we are working it. I'm glad you like our pricing and if there is anything we can do (*Thanks azrobert!*) please let me know.

Sam

zorlac

Quote from: azrobert on April 23, 2014, 08:13:32 PM
See my comments here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7742.msg50188#msg50188

I guess this is the short of it?

Here is my recommended DigitMap for most people:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3|<1aaa>xxxxxxx)
aaa is you local area code for 7 digit dialing.

Thanks for taking the time to explain these things, I get the feeling you worked in the telecom field or at ObiHai at some point?

azrobert

zorlac asked:
QuoteI get the feeling you worked in the telecom field or at ObiHai at some point?

Your feeling is wrong. I bought my 1st OBi over 3 years ago. My knowledge of the OBi came from tinkering AND reading other people's posts. Playing with VOIP and posting here is a hobby for me. In another life I was a computer programmer and this has probably help in my understanding the OBi. Actually, you are close to being right. I worked for a large corporation in networking, but this was about transferring data over telephone lines and a fiber optic network. Nothing about voice.

Sam said:
QuoteWe are a super tiny company and our resources are limited.

Relax! I was just kidding about the payroll. Like I said above, this is a hobby for me.  

Sam_from_CircleNet

azrobert it's amazing how a huge company can suck all of the fun out of technology sometimes having the Obi devices to play with is probably a lot of fun.

CircleNet started as a way for my friends and I to talk while we were overseas and also as a way for us to build our own network the way we would like we're all geeks here :-).

Sam

vtsnaab

For such a tiny company - you deserve much praise for the attention you give to your clients !!

Given how little outgoing calls cost with CircleNet, it seems to me that a good solution for some folks will be to use that, and the incoming as detailed here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7675.0

Personally, I need to get/send SMS on my 'main' number and wish to have more than one option for outgoing calls as well.
Therefore I will use CircleNet and Future-Five both.

(And as before I also compliment Nitzan on his patient willingness to help 'orphans' like myself both here and via email.)